MIL post sh*t that irritates you about the military

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mikdavi84, Oct 13, 2008.

1. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

fucking bullshit inspectable items. I don't need a fucking army values card, anti DUI tag, and other miscellaneous bullshit hanging around my neck from my ID tag chain. Its for ID tags, its not a 13 year old girls keychain to decorate.

Just got the word thursday from my platoon sergeant that all of us team leaders need to carry around one of the green notebooks. To take notes in. I told him I have a palm pilot I use at the meeting. He counters with "Top says its an inspectable item." :ugh:

Thats fucking pointless.

2. FATBOY

FATBOY OT Supporter

My 1SG's phone number on a card is an inspectable item.

3. Julius

Julius Guest

Short timers and people who are stop lossed.

4. Julius

Julius Guest

Oh, and everything about garrison. Garrison can suck my dick.

Edit: Ft Stewart DFACs have this ingenious idea of randomly rotating operations, so 1 or 2 will be closed during the weekends. Nothing beats having to make schedules to eat chow.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  5. Dissent

Dissent OT Supporter

haha what a tool.:rofl:

6. insomnia

insomnia New Member

getting an LOR for a missed appointment but constantly getting my appointments canceled literally minutes before I'm supposed to be there

7. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

Worthless CoC's.

8. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

everything

/thread

9. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

:werd: mine too, its more of a DUI thing than anything else.

I actually agree with that, although there is no way in hell that it lowers the DUI rate.

10. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

short timers?

11. Julius

Julius Guest

people who are ETSing

12. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

ok but a more accurate list..

1. the food, served chicken every day underway for lunch and dinner. what the fuck is up with baked chicken.

2. rice cooked in the oven. when have you ever heard of rice cooked in an oven. get a god damn rice cooker and cook it in there.

3. cranking. an excuse for CS's to not have to do their job. your a fucking CS. you are one of the lowest ranked rates in the military, fuck off.

4. faggots who take two washers when we only have 8 on the ship. it's called sharing.

5. rolling sleeves down for quarters and all hands calls even if it is 900 degrees out in the gulf. why?

6. rolling sleeves down for UNREP and line handlers. there is no safety risk of having your sleeves rolled up when its hotter than a bitch out.

7. still using manual labor to pull lines in. we pull a line 300ft across the ocean between boats over 20min when a simple winch could do it in 30seconds..

8. stupid people. how can you forget your password 8 times in one day?

9. drills. no matter how many times we do it, it is a drill, and no one is going to take it seriously, so deal with it.

10. having to put the hotels phone number in the liberty log. every single person is staying at one of two hotels. how about the ship stop being retarded, get those two numbers and voila. instead the first dozen people cannot leave until they find the phone number off the internet.

11. circles. why are we on deployment for 6 months to do circles in the water. we're not supporting any mission. we have a shit load of tomahawks, why not shoot those off instead of having people die on the ground.

i should stop :(

13. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

yeah i know that....

why do they annoy you?

14. Julius

Julius Guest

i've spent the past month being bitched at because of shit they do. they'll fuck with CQ, pull fire alarms, start shit in the barrack's parking lot at night, show up late for formations, etc.

15. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

shit, every shorttimer I've known has been johny on the spot trying to keep from getting out of trouble.

their work ethic goes way down and they run their mouths a bit more, but they havent caused trouble

16. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

I wasn't really like that. I didn't want to burn any bridges before I got out. But there are some who take advantage of their situation. I hated those bastards too.

17. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

Why not go to the log, sign out, look at hotel # above....and what a fucking coincidence...thats the same hotel i'm staying at. :dunno:

18. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Approving leave the hour you are supposed to leave after they had it in their box for a month or more.

19. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

20. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

:roflw:

21. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

works fine if you wait a couple hours to go on liberty, but when you're in the first group everyone just stands around waiting for someone else to figure out the number. whats worse.. in maldives the resort everyone was at didnt have a number on their website so it took like 45min before we could leave.

22. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

Got an LOC while working the NCC help desk because 0-6 called with a quick question and my paranoid NCOIC didnt know. bobblehead motherfucker. :squint:

23. Accord

Accord New Member

When the Army thinks that Marines on patrol are Taliban and engages you with crew served weapons. Hooah!

Having a 1stSgt threaten to relieve your platoon sergeant because he told his Marines they don't have to shave their facial hair in combat.

Having to use your M16 as your primary weapon when you're a gunner in a MK19 truck because there are no spare parts for the mark, the nearest armorer is 40 clicks away, they won't give you a SAW to put up there, and you've got a patrol in less than an hour.

I'll add more later.

24. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

new command philosophies to memorize every time a new CO shows up, its the same command im at, why the fuck do i have to memorize some morons made up bullshit acronym and get inspected on knowing it?

25. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

moronic decisions that are mare ONLY due to the fact that a moronic statement was made prior to it, and if the decision wasnt made...the person would look wrong...

most recent case in point
    2 weeks ago pretty much the entire battalion got bitched at down the chain at quarters for not going to morning PT when they are in schools. we PT from 0615-0730 / 0745ish and are suppsed to be in class by 0830 according to our chain...who dont run the schools. the schools however like to start class at 0730-0800 due to scheduling conflicts that come up for them such as last week (us being in class) having friday and this monday off. That takes two days out of our class time. So the instructors asked our class leader to tell the command we needed to come in early and got denied by training and the CO because our PRT (pt test) is coming up in 2 weeks and 'its a readiness issue'..........................................................all that shit by me