COMIC post ranma 1/2 manga recommendations?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Obex, May 4, 2004.

1. Obex

Obex Guest

Hey there,

So i love the ranma 1/2 manga, and am interested in finding similar manga to read. love hina was good, but im looking for something a bit less in the romantic genre and more manic/funny like ranma. any suggestions would be appreciated.

obex

2. RDB

RDB Blinded By Subpar Modulators

you might like flame of recca? if you've seen the anime, it ends about 1/2 through the manga... plus they rewrote a bit of it to fit into a standalone anime series

3. RDB

though i can't think of anything that compares to the frantic pace or slap stick action ranma1/2 or love hina run at :rofl: :coold:

4. Obex

Obex Guest

thanks for the suggestion. i havent seen this anime, but i'll look into it.

the original dragon ball anime was conparatively wacky, its just a shame that the anime turned from that into dramatic prefight posturing.

5. lordcoca

lordcoca Wading in the Velvet Sea

Maybe check out some of the other animes by the lady who made Ranma, Urusei Yatsura or Maison Ikkoku are two good ones (or so I've heard :hs: )

6. RDB

i found something you might like, pretty sure its by the same author as love hina, since the girl looks 99% like naru.

mahou sensi negima

http://home.comcast.net/~manga_0taku/home.htm

i've read the first chapter allready and its just as frantic and awesome as love hina

7. RDB

premise of the story.

Negima Springfield(male and looks very similar to keitaro) 10 years old gets sent to japan as an english teacher to an all girls school to finish his wizard training after graduating from oxford. asuma (who looks like naru) ends up bumping in to him, having to share a room with him, and has a crush on the teacher who he's filling in for this semester.

this is the zany briliance that love hina was :coold: