GUN post pics of your guns v1?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bigfodee, Aug 19, 2002.

1. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

[​IMG]

Taurus Model 66 .357 Magnum

2. PleaseEatSomeShit

PleaseEatSomeShit 1-900-RAT-FUCK

if i had a gun id post it, but i dont. But i do have a homemade exsplosive that i didnt set off on july 4th.

3. Drifter

Drifter wat

I've got a Sig Sauer P239 9mm that must be kept locked up at a gun range I frequent at. Unfortunately I never bring my digital camera to the range. I'd rather keep it locked up there than have it at home where I'd have the cops breathing down my neck all the time.

4. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

I read your post and thought "what jacked up city is that" and then I noticed the whole Canadia thing :p

5. MerkurMan

MerkurMan Gimme Nuts, Bolts and 12 Volts

[​IMG]

Top to bottom, left to right:

British FN FAL remake - 7.62x51
    CZ 85 Combat - 9mm - accurate, reliable, awesome comfort and fit in my hands
    Beretta 92FS - 9mm - it's pretty. that's all I can say about it.
    Chinese Norinco AK-47 - .223
    Hungarian FEG AK-47 - 7.62x39

Dearly departed - CZ 45 - .25 pocket pistol, DAO, older than me and a fun little thing to fiddle around with. Simpler than dirt. Had to sell it due to retarded Canadian law. We only ever shot it once, but I loved the little thing.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2002
  6. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

you dont like your 92fs? :confused: ya even got the stainless finish - i love it. whatd that run ya, about $1200 canadian?

7. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

:bowdown: I wish I didn't live in california, I'd own everyone of those babys :bigthumb:

8. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

[​IMG]

Pictured:

Remington 12 gauge 870 wingmaster
    Savage model 110 .243 w/3.9.32 simmons scope
    old ass double barrel 12 guage, un fireable

Not pictured:

savage model 110 7mm rem mag
    springfield model 99 .22
    A second Remington 12 guage 870 wingmaster

9. ack

ack Guest

... if my cheap digital camera would take indoor pictures worth shit, I'd post one. I'll give it a try anyway.

Picture came out decent.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2002
  10. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i find it amusingly sad that any of the States would be aspiring for the "loose" restrictions of Canada! :p

11. Capi2001

Capi2001 New Member

Is it legal to own those in Ontario? How hard is it to get a licence?

12. MerkurMan

The only things I don't like about it are the aluminum frame, which makes it really topheavy, the grip is too narrow for my hands, and the fact that's not quite as accurate as the CZ. I can't group as well with it. I guess the CZ just spoiled me. Otherwise, it's a well-made gun and the finish still looks like brand new. We picked it up for a steal... $650CDN with barely 50rds through it. The owner just wanted to get rid of it because there was a new registration law coming into effect, and he didn't want to go through the hassle as he never really used it. That's how we picked up the Hungarian AK for a song, as well. Right place, right time. :)

13. MerkurMan

:rofl: :big grin:

You wouldn't believe the stupidity of Canadian gun laws. When I was younger, I kept informed about them all and what they meant, but I've since forgotten. Needless to say, it won't be easy for me in the future. All those guns belong to my dad, and I'm not sure if they'll all be transferrable to me if he passes away. I know the AKs are grandfathered, but I'm not sure to what extent.

14. MerkurMan

If you are just starting out, it's almost impossible to own some of those. The FN (top gun) was bought just so my dad would be "licensed" to own that type of rifle (certain barrel length). He had to own a rifle in that category before a certain date, or else he wouldn't be able to own any like it in the future. We also bought a .25CAL CZ pistol for the same reason... you needed to own one before February 14th, 1995 if you wanted to own ANY .25 or .32CAL pistols with a barrel length shorter than 101mm. Unfortunately, the registration papers were processed ONE DAY after the cutoff date, so we had to sell the gun to a shop. We did own it for about 5 years before they made us give it back, though. :)

Anyway, to answer your question, you'd have to take a safety course, apply for your FAC (Firearms Acquisition Certificate), wait about a year for it to be processed and sent to you, then you can buy handguns, rifles, and shotguns. I don't think you can buy the "assault rifles", but I'm not exactly sure. It's all very stupid and very confusing.

Also keep in mind that if you own a handgun or any other type of "restricted" weapon (basically anything other than a hunting rifle or long-barrel shotgun), you need a specific carrying permit for that weapon, that allows you to transport it only to a firing range or gun shop in your area. You have to keep it triggerlocked, in a locked case, in your trunk, and you're not supposed to stop along the way.

Getting an FAC is a bitch, too. You need your boss, one friend, and your spouse to sign the application stating that they feel you're mentally fit to own a firearm. You can't have a criminal record, can't be under psychological treatment, yadda yadda yadda.

Anyways... I'll stop rambling. :)

15. Capi2001

Capi2001 New Member

Thanks for the info, it sounds like a real pain in the ass to own a firearm in Canada.

16. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

theres no way canada gun laws are worse then californias. you cannot own any assualt rifles of any kind... also ya know they are trying to define bolt action rifles as assult rifles because some have magazines?? wtf!!! it won't be long before owning a gun in cali will be illegal.

17. Troutbum

Troutbum Guest

Then you'll either get fucked by the criminals, or have to become a fucking criminal to avoid getting fucked.

Ain't life grand? California needs to slide into the fucking ocean - just make sure you come to Colorado before it does.

I ran a fucking burglar out of my back yard about a month back ... know what the cop asked me?

"Why didn't you kill the son of a bitch?"

*kisses the Make my Day law*

18. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

oh. man i used to shoot the stores rental 92fs all the time and it was a great gun for me. i guess its just user preferece. well, i know it is - we used to respond to quetions with "guns arent accurate, people are accurate". man, that rental gun had like 200k rounds thru it too, and it only went back to Beretta once..

19. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

here's one of my guns, i present you the AR7.:bigthumb:
    [​IMG]

20. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

:rofl: :bigthumb:

yeah, while california slides into the ocean, throw me a life vest :)

21. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

hell, if you're throwing out life vests, make mine level IIIA, kevlar.

no worries about the laws for GA, just waiting on the big 2-1. two years to go. around that time, the bastard bill gets to go bye-bye if the democrats don't get it renewed.