Post injuries in here

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by edd91, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edd91

edd91 rebmeM weN

Hi guys, thought I'd create a thread where you can post some "hypothetical" injuries and I can tell you what I think it could be and perhaps what could help it.
    I say hypothetical because ofcourse injuries cannot be 100% diagnosed over the internet so I wouldnt want to offer advice ;)

2. spark plugs.

spark plugs. beautiful. OT Supporter

:mamoru: how hard could it be?

symptom: i tried to lift up something heavy and my back hurts now

diagnosis: you broke something in your back ;)

3. Carnivale

Carnivale Guest

bodybuilder shoulder

left

4. Silmatharien

Silmatharien OT Supporter

when I do curls with the EZ-bar, I get a weird pain on the top of my left forearm... right near the bone on the right near the wrist. In nearly the same place on my wrist wrist, I get pain if I stretch my hand down. I think the second one's a tendon or something.

5. theronald

theronald New Member

i fucked up my right bicep. i havent worked out in a month and it still hurts.

6. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

drank alot at a metal concert, moshed and fell and broke my fall with my right arm. elbow not 100% since february.

recently- my right shoulder feels SORE. if i press on the top bony area of the shoulder it feeled bruised. it's been like this for two weeks.

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

dropped a 45lb plate on my big toe and flattened it....toe nail still looks fucked up over a year later...

8. edd91

edd91 rebmeM weN

You need to more describe the location of the pain, instead of using left and right, try saying its on the same side as the thumb or the same side as the pinky etc. Also avoid saying "top of left foreaarm". We refer to pain locations using something called the anatomical position, it is when people stand like this, http://medpics.findlaw.com/imagescooked/5240W.jpg , so when you say top , I assume near the elbow but mentioning the wrist says otherwise. So yeah, a better description of the location

9. edd91

edd91 rebmeM weN

Well, spondylolysthesis and say a disc bulge are rather different things

10. edd91

edd91 rebmeM weN

Can you better describe 'messed up my right wrist' and the mechanism of injury. 7 weeks is more than the usual 6 weeks of natural healing, but if you only rested it for 2 then i'd rest it for a bit longer, especially if it was helping, but yeah if you wouldnt mind describing what happened a bit more

11. edd91

edd91 rebmeM weN

Time for an X-Ray or to see someone, sorry

12. jones21

jones21 Uranium Member

13. ices

ices New Member

About 2 weeks ago I was squatting and got this massive headache in the back of my head. I think it was because I wasn't breathing right. I took a 1 week break, and now I focus on my breathing, and I haven't had the problem since. But now, I have this different neck pain. When I take a deep breath, I hear a light clicking. And when I breathe out all the way I get this pain/pressure in my neck and back of my head. It's really freaking me out.

14. Silmatharien

alright, well the bottom of the forearm a couple inches back from the wrist ... same side as the back of the hand. On the left arm, I get pain ... almost feels like it's in the bone when I do curls. In nearly the same position on the right forearm, but this time right beside the bone, I experience pain when I twist my hand far to the left or when I stretch the hand backwards. It feels like it's a tendon.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  15. gsxtasyd

gsxtasyd Lift Big........Eat Big........Sleep Big........GE

hurt my teres minor deadlifting....can not do pull ups w/o pain or adduct the scapula

16. edd91

edd91 rebmeM weN

Without doing physical tests, its likely to be some sort of tendonopathy, or the sheath that tendons pass through and most likely coming from an activity you perform, whether thats the EZ bar curls, or playing guitar or whatever you do for leisure.

Avoid the EZ bar curls for 2-3 weeks, see if it settles, then try finding a thicker EZ bar and work up.

I'd also try doing this exercise 30 times a day, http://www.healthetalk.com.au/nervestretch.gif

17. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

left knee, when i squat ass to grass, it hurts at the top behind the calf. it doesnt hurt once i'm down, it only hurts on the way down and on the way back up.

i can squat to parallel with no problems. it also feels like it wants to hyperextend easily. it bothers me more if i walk fast or jog to the car, something like that.

i think i hyperextended it jogging a few weeks ago. it just seems weaker overall lately.

also, top right side of my right wrist doesnt want to heal after i fell on it a few months ago. it's still weak and tweaks very easily.
    edit: same side as the pinky and same side as the back of the hand. pain is mainly between that wrist bone that sticks out and the hand where it bends back.

18. edd91

edd91 rebmeM weN

Ah I like knees
    Can you answer these
    * Does it ever feel unstable
    *Is it painful when it hyperextends
    * Does it ever click or 'lock'
    * Is it on the front of the knee or the back?
    * If its the front, does it feel like its under the kneecap or ontop (superficial)
    * Does it "feel" like its inside the knee joint
    * Is it on the inside (i.e big toe side) or outside (little toe side)

As for the wrist, sounds typical of a TFCC tear, or triangular fibrocartilage complex tear. Its a triangular piece of cartilage thats sits in the wrist, it has different functions but yeah, I'd guess you tore it. Have a read of this article, http://www.emedicine.com/orthoped/topic349.htm . The limitation of this article is its written by an orthopod, who appears to enjoy surgery and it sort of neglects to mention the conserative treatment option or trialling a corticosteroid injection. So have a read around the net.
    MRI is the best way to diagnose, and not living in America and knowing your health care system, I dont know if these are available for free or if you pay though your ass.

19. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

spinal erectors have been through hell and back

20. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

i scraped up my knee deadlifting and it bled :wtc:

21. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

I havent been to the gym in almost a year do to a back injury, but right beofre I stopped going I had painful Hernia-like protrusions in my inner arms, opposite my elbow.
    :wtc:

22. Silmatharien

Thanks! The big thing I noticed when starting at my new gym a few weeks ago was how the EZ bar felt a lot different - not nearly as thick.

23. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

Ah I like knees
    Can you answer these
    * Does it ever feel unstable - a little, yes
    *Is it painful when it hyperextends - not really
    * Does it ever click or 'lock' - it clicks more often that usual
    * Is it on the front of the knee or the back? - back
    * If its the front, does it feel like its under the kneecap or ontop (superficial)
    * Does it "feel" like its inside the knee joint - yes
    * Is it on the inside (i.e big toe side) or outside (little toe side) - it's in the middle

24. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I think those are called muscles. :mamoru:

25. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

For the past month I've had this pain under my hip bone on the front side of my body when I squat. It's not excrutiating just a little uncomfortable. No portrusions either.

It's the area where the pelvic bone meets the femur.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.