Post Code CF

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by diesel, Nov 19, 2005.

1. diesel

diesel Guest

am having issues with my video card not sending a signal to my monitor.. I am getting the post code CF..

MOBO: Fatal1ty AN8-SLI
    Chip: AMD x2 4400
    Video: All In Wonder X800XL PCI-express
    Memory: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
    Sound: Creative Audigy
    Power: Antec 550W Power Supply
    1 cd/rw, 1 dvd/rw, 2 80gb hds

Basically I was having problems at first because I did not know that you had to have all of the three power cords connected to the motherboard... I was missing the very bottom one plugged in, so I took off the power cables from my cd/dvd/fan monitor and plugged in the bottom power temp.. Then I got alot of beeps which meant a fan problem, because I was running a fan controller and I unplugged the power.. So I went to get some Y Power Cable adapters, made sure my fan controller, cd/rw, dvd/rw and then was split to go to the motherboard... Now when I turn it on, it stays on but says CF and I do not get anything on the monitor.. What gives?!?!

ohh and i forgot one thing... i plug a usb keyboard into the back of the computer and i get no power to it... i cant get any of the keys to work on the caps lock or anything..

2. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member