SRS Post-accident weirdness???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nmt6789, May 21, 2006.

1. nmt6789

nmt6789 Guest

So I got into an accident on tuesday and I my brother was driving. We got T-boned by a big van going about 40-45 mph. I got knocked out and had no clue we got into an accident. I was in the hospital for 2 days and now im out. I havent been wanting to do anything or seem interested in anything. I've been laying around all day and sleeping and it seems really weird. I hope I can get out of this.

2. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

How many days since accident?

3. Metal

Metal Active Member

That happened to me after I was in a major car accident too... but I was also on some heavy meds afterwards so I wasn't really with it because my back was injured. Maybe you are just physically and/or emotionally wiped out from the accident? At any rate, I wish you luck!

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Were i live there is post-traumatic help. And you might be suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. I've been in several accidents, if nothing comes back to your memory great. The less you know of it, the better as its an event you don't want to recall i promise you that much.

http://www.ncptsd.va.gov/

At least get yourself informed,and make an appointment with your doctor and who can redirect you to a counseller/psychiater who can give you an appropriate diagnosis conserning your situation. If you got blacked out, its most likely your head got a BIG smack. This might have resulted in whip-lash or what not. I noticed that in hospitals they often let you 'hop on' as they release you asif nothing happend. Reality is that you might need someone to talk to, preferably a professional. My advice seek a professional evaluation towards your emotional after care towards a traumatic event as such, i press you do not let it linger around.

5. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

So it's only been a week or so since the wreck? Give it some time. Even a minor accident can be emotionally draining. The shock, trying to comprehend what happened, then dealing with insurance for replacement/repair and treatment of injuries. You on the other hand got knocked out, so you may have a mild concussion...I had one once and it takes a bit of time to feel normal again.

I was in one 2 months ago myself. My car was totalled. I was a bit sad about that because it had been paid off a few months prior and I was planning on keeping it around for awhile. My shin had hit the dash and I lost feeling in my lower leg, that is still not fully healed either :hs: I had to deal with replacing the car twice....got a new replacement car, but a week later the tranny started acting up so I had to get rid of it and get another one. Ended up spending more than I wanted but on a good note I got a better vehicle. I still am getting treatment and dealing with being late to work a few times a week and working late to make up the time, I don't want to eat personal and vacation time.

It sucks but eventually everything works itself out and life normalizes again. Give yourself some time to heal and get back into the groove again. If your uninterest in things goes on too long though, definitely go get checked out.

6. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

agreed

7. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Yeah like most have said, give it some time.. i got into a accident with no other cars lol, car had 6k worth of damange but i was fine, etc... but i felt horrid for a couple of weeks..

i think it's just the feeling of like, "wow, did this really happen to me?" also for me it was, "what if something worse happend?"

I am almost positive it is perfectly normal, i felt a bit weird for awhile even after the car came back fixed.. but eventually got over it =)

8. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

I was in a major accident and suffered flash backs for a long time. To this day I dont trust anyone drving fast with me in the car.

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I had a bad fall on New Years Eve in which I hit my face really hard on pavement... Turned out that I had chipped some bone off my upper jaw and cheekbone. I pretty much stayed in my room except to go get movies from the living room for the first few days. I think it was a combination of something that lasted .5 seconds messing me up so bad and also the embarassment of making a mistake like that.