SRS Possibly pregnant....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by runawaycamel, Feb 24, 2009.

1. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

I feel as though I'm trapped in such a dilemma right now.
    I'm 5 days late. And I'm never irregular. This isn't an 'am i pregnant?!' thread...since I know that no one can really answer that right now. This is more just me reaching out to something, because I'm so freakin' out right now. Honestly, I don't know when I would've actually gotten pregnant. No, I'm not on the pill, but I only had sex about 5 times this month and it was always with a condom. Afterwards, we would check the condom to make sure it didn't break or anything. Never did to my knowledge.

I took a pregnancy test today and it showed up negative. I thought that would make me feel better, but it really didn't. I feel as though I've been pmsing for the past week. This is also frustrating because I can't tell if I'm having pms symptoms or pregnancy symptoms.

So there really isn't much I can do right now except wait. I know I may be overreacting...since it's only 5 days, but let me just say that I'm only 20 and in college and the last thing I want right now is a baby. I would probably get an abortion but that is a decision that I don't want to have to make. At all. Alkwjef;jwefj. :wtc:

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

go see a doctor to ease your worries. the sooner, the better

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Most likely your advanced amount of stress is what is delaying your period. Just call down and you'll probably get it very soon. The negative preggo test and your protection during sex should be enough of a fact for you so just try to chilllllll

4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Jesus, calm down. Periods aren't perfect. It doesn't matter if it's been regular for awhile, at any point something could change and it will come later. If you are under a lot of stress, not eating well, not sleeping enough, etc-all those things could make it late. And now that you are freaking out over it, it will probably be even later. You took a test and it was negative...what more do you want? Do you really think you would know more than the test does?

5. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Probably just stress delaying your period, I'd go to planned parenthood and get on the pill if I were you though

6. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

Heh, that's the funny thing...I am supposed to start. I got the pills a few weeks ago and am just waiting for the period to start to take them.

7. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

like the others said, calm down and see a doctor or go somewhere and get a blood test if you become more later than 5 days, the other women in this thread may not agree, but my wife with a few of our kids kept testing negative with otc tests, and she was really late, docs kept saying she was stressing out, finally gave her a blood test to confirm she was pregnant, i am not saying this is going to happen to you, but if you continue to be late, then think about it, but more than likely you stressing out is not helping matters, so try to calm down

8. AgGoNy

AgGoNy Active Member

do you diet at all? my gf just graduated school so stress is gone.

her periods have been irregular, as far as coming early or being really late. shes been on weight watchers also and that contributes, when she goes wild and eats alot of junk food or watever her period gets all messed up. but it was the craziest during school for her.

i think for you it might be stress related / maybe diet.

shes on the pill and i always use a condom btw.

9. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

I don't diet but I do have some eating issues. Sometimes I totally lose my appetite and will hardly eat for a week or two, and then all of a sudden I will get really hungry and eat a ton. I suppose that could contribute as well. I don't know. I'm tryin' to chill out but it's hard.

10. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I'd chill out, you sound like you're fine, just stressing.

I was going through a lot of stress a few months ago with the whole house thing (building and having tons of aggravating delays etc). I've been regularly getting my period for 2 years, since I've been on the pill. Then out of the blue, I had some randomness with it. I attributed it to the extreme amount of stress I was going through at the time, because once I became less stressed and crazy I was back to normal.

11. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

If you are late take a test. If you are pregnant it should show up.

12. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

Blah. Officially 1 week late.

13. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Go do the doctor and get a blood test. It will end your worrying.

14. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

So go to a doctor already. You're either pregnant or not, all you're doing is finding out.

In any event, cortisol (the long-term equivalent of adrenaline) can fuck up just about everything in your body, and ovulation/menstruation only happens when you're not under long-term physical stress, so it could very well be a vicious cycle at this point.

15. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

I am next week monday if it's still not here. I wanted to give it just a bit more time.

The reason I'm having such a hard time relying on the tests I've taken so far is this: I've only had sex relatively recent this month. My bf was away until Feb 14th and so that weekend and this past weekend were the only two times we did. Sooo...I feel that although the tests were negative even after my period...there is still a chance just because of that timing. Does that make sense? *shrug*

16. deusexaethera

Aren't those tests supposed to be accurate after just a couple of days?

17. 7960

7960 New Member

so you know it's not your boyfriend's, but..... :hsugh:

18. HipHopHead

HipHopHead Well-Known Member

I hate that feeling. :rofl:

My gf was late once and being late stressed us out and made her even more late. Everything eventually worked out good. :bowdown:

19. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::bowdown:

God, so you cheated? Please break up with your b/f.

20. deusexaethera

She didn't say she cheated. The 14th was more than a week ago, but near enough to be considered "recent".

21. northw3st

northw3st New Member

remember, by you freaking out, your cycle can be thrown off that much longer. just take deep breathes and endure the torture of time.

22. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

Ok, announcement! I did not cheat on my bf. Just thought that should be cleared up.
    All I meant was that the only times we've had sex this month were fairly recent so the tests probably have more room for error.

23. deusexaethera

The hormonal changes those tests test for begin within 48 hours after fertilization.

24. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Waiting a week isn't going to change anything. You are still going to be stressing out, which will delay it even more. If you aren't comfortable with a home urine test, go get a blood test to confirm.

Go now, waiting does nothing.

25. Kasumi Chan

Kasumi Chan Happy, joyous and free. But fuck off.

Wait a week and take another test. Sometimes you're just late, and because your late you stress yourself out and postpone getting your period even further. It's happened to me before too.