Possible to Rollback to IE 5.5 from IE 6?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JawKnee, Apr 1, 2003.

1. JawKnee

JawKnee JawKnee Motorsports

In short, I need to install VS.NET and the .NET framework on my girlfriend's company-issued notebook and it requires IE 6. Would it be possible to rollback to IE 5.5, her company's supported browser, from IE 6?

2. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I'm confused. .NET requires IE6, but you want to rollback to IE5.5 because that's what her company supports?

It shouldn't matter what they support; they aren't THAT much different.. now if they only supported IE3 or something, we'd maybe have a problem.

Anyway, you could uninstall IE6 and try and find a 5.5 copy... I'm sure it's available somewhere, probably on some piece of software's install CD..

3. vwgeekdotcom

vwgeekdotcom Silver Surfer

I think what he is asking is when he is done screwing around, and they want it back, can the laptop be reversed to its previous configuration. The answer is yes, when you go to IE6 in add/remove programs, there is an option to go back to your previous configuration in the Repair/Remove option, just make sure when you are doing a disk cleanup, it doesn't remove the uninstall information.