MIL Possible to reclass without reenlisting?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rat, May 25, 2008.

1. rat

rat New Member

Before anyone jumps on me to talk to my retention nco he was just replaced with somene that knows nothing about retention so not much help there.

I'm active duty army. I'm a PFC and my mos is 52D (generator mechanic). Currently deployed and it's not what i expected to say the least. I want to know is there any possible way i can reclass without reenlisting? I want to reclass to the infantry. I've been asking around but haven't gotten much of an answer.

Thanks. :wavey:

2. GiRaff3

GiRaff3 New Member

maybe an extension to goto school? if your unit retention nco doesn't know anything, then goto Bn. If he doesn't, go to Bde. If they don't, then there are some serious issues.

3. Cheerio

Cheerio New Member

How much time is left on your contract? I know in the National Guard that you can reclass without out and extension or re-enlist. There just has to be so much time left in the contract and there must be an opening. Im sure there are 11B openings in the active army. I dont know if there is any difference between NG and Active when it comes to reclassing.