Possible to make a Wireless Application Point?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Shaggy007, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

After quiet a long time, I finally got a cell phone again. Playing around with this I noticed it had the ability to connect to specialized web pages. Now I've done a little bit of searching and was wondering is it possible to make a WAP Gateway on my own. I know it's kind of useless to have it just in my house but I've been hankering for a new project to work on and this seems like it should be fun, if possible.

Would I need specialized equipment or can I just rehash my normal wireless equipment? What about the software itself, are there any server applications (preferably linux) available to use?

2. Supadoggie

Supadoggie I ♥ my doggah

there is a software you can get that will allow you to have a WAP gateway running off your computer.

Now.WAP is the name of the software.
    http://www.nowwap.com/

I found out about it on Howard Forums. Do a search on now.wap and you'll find some info on it..

I tried to set it up but it would never connect. I'm thinking it has something to do with my router's firewall or ZoneAlarm..

3. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

I downloaded it and since I have some free time I'm gonna play with it a liitle tonight. I'll let you know how that goes.