Possible to download to a certain server and then you download if it ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Evil_Gemini, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Evil_Gemini

Evil_Gemini New Member

OK, i have had this idea for a while but i have no idea how to code or do anything like that.

I was thinking, is it possible to make a program so that when you download something from another country or state, that it downloads into a server that is in your state and then you download from that server ?

I know it sounds stupid, but i am planning to get a faster internet connection but the problem is, its only got 40gb a month downloads unless you download from a server from your own state and then its free.

I dont want the download to all go to the server and then i have to download it, but to act as a buffer if that makes sense.

2. evh

evh Active Member

I think you could possibly just use a proxy (and the server that your using the proxy with is located in the US) and that would work. Not 100% sure though.

3. samm

samm Next in Line

The Freenet peer-to-peer project does something similar to this with its distributed hash table routing. Though it sounds like you want a geographically aware web cache, try looking at squid.

4. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

wow, thats is a really weird and annoying ISP, i'd just look into a better service provider

5. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Is your ISP using analog phone lines and worried about interstate charges? Shakes head...