MIL Possible PCS outta nowhere

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BadKat, Mar 9, 2010.

1. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:wtc: I hate it when I get surprised like this. Spouse in the in the Military, eligable for new orders and currently on an Underway (Navy). Here's the email exchange:

I was preparing to leave at the end of next school year. Not THIS year :hsd: Plus, this isn't what we'd been talking about either.

AND the Navy is notorious for not being able to give out the relocation $$ during the summer months because they run out of money until the start of the new Fiscal Year. Happens ALL the time :hsd:

2. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

NY 'eh?

3. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:dunno: It's where we were before WA. It's where our daughter was born. I still have friends there, but I have more Navy friends in SC :hsd: I'd rather go back to SC, tbh. I realize the schools are crappier, but there's more to do, IMO. I can do more for free down there, just the cost of gas to get there basically. Go to the beach on the weekends, walk around Downtown/Historical Charleston, etc. The Aquarium isn't expensive and nice as hell. It's where our daughter was conceived :naughty: AND the Navy Housing is much MUCH nicer and there's nicer affordable housing in the area as well :hsd: But if they're sending all the new people to VA, we won't be going there because if he gets orders to VA, we (kiddo and I) won't be going along. In some ways, that's nice, it means I get to stay here in WA, but at the same time, it sucks 'cuz we'll be 3K miles apart.

4. evan2

evan2 Guest

lol they dont give you money to PCS how ghetto..

AF>navy

5. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

:crying::crying: I'm getting screwed in this place :crying::crying:

It'll be totally different at your next command! :hsugh:

6. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Inorite? :mamoru: We left NY and he said the same thing "I'm sick of getting screwed. I can't wait to be done with this place". 4 years later "I'm sick of getting screwed!". Yet he re-enlisted due to the economy for another 6 years :hsugh:

7. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

I'm guessing he's a ~8yr second class, yeah?

8. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

6 years, 2nd class, but yeah. Le Sigh. He started with so much fucking potential. I have no idea why it's turned into this. Whenever I mention how all of his "classmates" are all first classes, he goes "Yeah, but they did subs and I do Carriers and it's harder to get promoted on Carriers" :rolleyes:

9. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

Well good luck, the navy seems to be filling up with more and more of these whiners who believe that for some reason, big navy is out to "screw" them somehow and nothing is up to them. Tell him it's time to put on the grown up pants and make it happen for himself.

10. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:werd: And he knows better. He comes from a fucking Military Family, 3rd Generation US Military at that. He grew up with this shit, got into West Point. No reason for him to be acting like a crybaby over this shit. Man the fuck up or move the fuck out of the way for the big boys.

11. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I think that that is everywhere you go.

"Korea sucks! Don't go there!" (I had a blast)

"FT Drum sucks! Don't go there!" (I'm having a blast)

12. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I believe people make their assignment. Supervisors may suck, but they come and go and you can find bad ones anywhere.

13. evan2

evan2 Guest

gosh no wonder you fuck another dude, your hubby sounds quite fail.

14. evan2

evan2 Guest

supervisors will always eventually be replaced. People hate Tucson and I just lol at them. The weather is great year round, mountains all around us, great weather for all sorts of out door activities...people need to man the fuck up and stfu...

im deploying like mad from here which sucks but the area is dope.

15. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

While that is true, however, doing what his does, it's more of a "small world". Same supervisor he had in NY before we came to WA, ended up in WA a few months later, as his supervisor AGAIN. This command has been rather...poorly run. 3 CO's, 4 XO's and 4 RO's in the 4 years we've been here. The Nuke dept (where he works) was the first in many years to have the "keys" of the reactor taken away by the assessment team. So it's not like he can get away from some of these people. Especially doing Carriers instead of Subs, because there's fewer carriers and people who do carriers usually don't go and do subs later or vice versa. And with Shore Duties (which is what he's up for), there's only 2. NY or SC, but SC has some cons (such as the sending everyone to VA thing). And we know that's true because my SO is friends with the Detailer (the Detailer used to work with him on the ship and is now the Nuke Detailer).

So I dunno how much of it is that he's getting yanked around and how much of it is himself. I did speak to his First who told me that my SO really is not getting what he deserves and that he really is getting is way worse then he should be and that he doesn't get enough credit for what he does :dunno:

But at the same time, I think he should just fucking suck shit up, deal with it for another year like we are/were supposed to so that we can save the tax free money and Sep pay from his upcoming deployment for the move. 'Cuz the navy is notorious for not giving you your moving money until after the fact!

16. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

I kind of mentioned this to him :mamoru:

17. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Woah!

18. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:wavey: Where have you been?? I've been meaning to PM you but hadn't seen you posting lately.

19. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Getting ready for deployment. :down:

20. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:down: I figured it was something like that. Blah. No fun! I think he's trying to get OUT of a deployment by having us move at the end of the summer :sad2: That may be the other driving force behind this.

21. wayno

wayno New Member

The two best assignments in the AF:

1) The one you came from
    2) The one you're going to

22. evan2

evan2 Guest

:wtc:

me 2 leaving in May already and just got back in Oct.fml

23. JSin

JSin New Member

Yep, "my last unit" is always the best unit anyone has ever been.

24. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

im ready for a move.

25. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:hug: I hate this command too, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the area and all the friends I've made :sad2:

that said, it looks like nothing is going to happen until next spring, like originally talked about. The Detailer is giving very vague answers and wants Hubs to do something that would mean Instructor Duty which Hubs doesn't want. Unfortunately, we also found out that we can't wait UNTIL his 5 year mark a this command (Nov 2011) to get new Orders either, despite that being in our favor for the type of duty Hubs wants next. So now he's gonna sit on things until closer to his 4 year mark, then if need be, I'll finish out the school year here with munchkin and follow Hubs to where ever he's sent next. Or go out ahead of time (prior to school) and get everything set up and leave Hubs behind to finish out his current orders.

So...back to square one which is good news for this selfish bitch :hsd: