MIL Possible new recruit. Have some questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jimmybuffett, Jan 29, 2007.

1. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

Im in college and I feel like im going nowhere. My grades are half-ass and I really just dont like it. Ive been considering the military for some time. But here lately, Ive REALLY been considering it. Ive got a very serious girlfriend aswell, so here are my questions. If I join the Army:

1. Should I get married before I go? The girl im with is already the girl of my dreams, it was really just a matter of time before we got hitched. So if I do indeed get married before I enlist, is there going to be more pay for me? How much more over not being married?

2. Im very close to having my associates degree. Is that enough to get me enlisted as an officer or goto officer school? How much more pay is involved with being an officer vs not being an officer?

:wavey: Thanks in advance for all of the replies, and THANK you all for what you do for our country.

And lastly, please excuse my grammar, I just woke up

2. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

Get married, finish your associates, and you'll not only make more going in as an E-3 but you'll get family separation and BAH while in basic training. I also got to move off base while in tech training. But your army experience may differ.

3. evan2

evan2 Guest

in the army a 2 year degree will get you butter bars but you cannot make it past or to capt (03) until you get that BA

in the AF white is right though, we only take 4 year degrees to become an officer

pay for an officer is a ton more...best route to go

4. evan2

evan2 Guest

get married as well..more money if shes the one you want

5. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

awesome. thanks alot guys. seems like there is a shit-ton to learn before i even sign up. im pretty positive this is the direction i need in life

6. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

Only if you are already in. You have to have your 4 year degree to go straight from Civilian to Officer.

Though, I hang around armyocs.com a lot, and I haven't seen a lot of people even mention the option of 2 year degree being able to go Officer. Everyone there still says 4 year or no go.. Not doubting you, just something I have not seen before.

7. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

these guys covered it all mostly ...

and dont act surprised if years or months down the road infidelity creeps in ... :hs:

its just the nature of the military beast in most cases, :o