Possible mobo malfunction?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by twinturboteddy, Sep 26, 2005.

1. twinturboteddy

twinturboteddy Bling Bling!

My computer is basically hanging up on the bootscreen here....and it won't go any further....

[​IMG]

Here are some basic specs on my setup

ASUS A8n SLI-Deluxe
    AMD 3500+
    6800 Ultra
    1 gig ram
    2 x 36gb raptors in RAID 0
    1 40gb
    Thermaltake 680w PSU
    Dell W2600

I just recently changed PSU's and went from a mid-tower to full tower this weekend, and after putting everything together it won't boot up now.

I went from an <Athena PSU> to a <Thermaltake PSU>

The Athena PSU wasn't very well organized at all. The thermaltake is.

Before...
    [​IMG]

After...
    [​IMG]

After putting everything back together. It won't boot up. I tried hooking up the old Athena PSU and it does the exact same thing.

Another thing to note is that the chipset fan went out on the mobo, which is one of the reasons I took everythign apart, basically to replace the chipset fan too. I bought several solutions, none of which fits. But there's a heat sink left on it still. FYI: the computer was running fine with the chipset fan not working on the old setup for probably a week, maybe more.

Any ideas? Friend mobo?

2. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

3. twinturboteddy

twinturboteddy Bling Bling!

Yea this particular mobo suffers from a poor chipset fan. They updated it and replaced newer models with a heat pipe now. I might just buy that update mobo again. We'll see.

Strange though, considering it was running for at least a week with a broken fan, and now when I changed cases the mobo friend. Probably happen when I was test fitting replacement heat sinks and fans.