possible frame damage on RSX?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mc technik, Jan 17, 2005.

1. mc technik

mc technik your purrty...

thinking about buying one for pretty cheap, but its salvaged.

the guy said he got hit in the back and he had to replace the rear bumper, tailights, and driver side rear quarter pannel. when i checked it out visually it didnt look damaged, but i'm worried about the frame.

what do you guys think?

2. LarryZ

LarryZ i love sticky rice

bring it to AAA and have a complete inspection by the mechanics

3. oakie

oakie my ninja.

unibody cars have no frame. :noes:

on a serious note, take it to a respectable body shop and have them do a laser alignmnet to see if chassis is within factory tolerances.

4. bmxenbrett

bmxenbrett Guest

test drive would be easiest but get it up tp at least 70mph if possible, if you feel even a little shake or wiggle take it to an alignment shop and have them look at the frame. i can do an frame/unibody check in less than 15 minutes with a lift and a plum bob

5. illeagle94

illeagle94 New Member

I agree, take it to a good body shop. The y can tell you if the car is damaged badly.
    Drive it at highway speed also, check for vibrations and make sure that the car travels straight. Most cars you should be able to take your hands off the wheel at highways speed without it wandering too much.

EDIT: Is it a type s? What are they charging you for the car? You may be able to make a profit on the entire front end of the car, as the motors and 6 speed trannies can get you 3500-4000 dollars. Besides you have all the body parts you could sell (headlights, bumper covers and quarter panels and doors)