MIL Positive steps?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by brackac, Mar 30, 2008.

1. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Al-Sadr’s nine-point statement was issued by his headquarters in the holy city of Najaf and broadcast through loudspeakers at Shiite mosques. “Because of the religious responsibility, and to stop Iraqi blood being shed ... we call for an end to armed appearances in Basra and all other provinces,” al-Sadr said in a statement. “Anyone carrying a weapon and targeting government institutions will not be one of us.”

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

He never intended for it to be an insurrection without end. It was a demonstration of power, and this call to stop the show of force is how he intended to end it from the beginning.

3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

I would agree if he would have stated his cause was religious, and thus his reasoning for stopping the fighting was also solely religious. Al-Sadr aligning himself with the government in this manner is a new direction for him, and I believe the insurgency.

4. willijdub

willijdub New Member

attention: the following is a rant.

fuck al sadr. he sent out his goomba ass inbred insurgents to attack and kill how many troops? I think it is good that he is calling off the attacks, (less attacks on american forces) but in no way think we should just let him be, or go. If we let him go because he is calling off the attacks, ill be pissed. i say zip cuff him, sand bag over the head, and then turn him over to some sunni i.p.'s to chop his fucking head off, all the while a donkey is sticking it in his ass. fuck you al sadr. fuck you.

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

He isn't aligning himself with the government. He targeted the government. All he's doing now is calling off the dogs.

This has happened before. He sends out hit squads to kill any of his leaders that can't control their people. The only power he has will be completely lost if/when he loses control of his people. He recently put a 4 man council in charge of planning/authorizing when/where/how his Mahdi Army will conduct it's insurgent activity. The reason he gave was that he wanted to devote all of his energy toward becoming the next (first) Ayatollah of Iraq. He immediately had all hell break loose in his organization. So he sent out hit squads, got control back, and is maintaining some day-to-day control over his organization.

6. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I'm here for the gang bang....

7. kawasakizx6rrrr

kawasakizx6rrrr New Member

whatever, let's just get out of there. we have done enough, good and bad, we don't have to prove anything else. let them fight thier own battles and let's concentrate on our own problems for once.