A&P Portfolio Categories

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by pelf, May 1, 2006.

1. pelf

pelf The Juice Was Worth The Squeeze

I'm working on making an online portfolio for keeping track of my pictures but Im having a hard time deciding how to organize it. For the categories I am thinking: People, Places, Nature/Landscapes, Things, Autos, Animals. But then I run into problems like what if I take a picture of a cool looking flower at a certain place (like a university for example) Would that go under nature or places? :noes: Just wondering how you guys organize your stuff....if you do..? Ive been looking online at other's porfolios but almost all of them are specific and only have like a certain type of pictures....I just shoot tons of pics wherever I go so I dont know how to categorize them......

2. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

seperate by suject. if its a flower at a university, put it inder flowers :dunno:

3. mojito

mojito New Member

4. natelam

natelam New Member

I find it difficult to categorize by "subject" because I like to have sections of my portfolio remain within the same tone/feel. It's always kind of unsettling for example, when I'm looking through a section of flowers and I see a mix of fine art, nature, abstract, photojournalistic, etc... images.

When there is fluidity in the portfolio from image to image, category to category, I see more maturity in the photographer. They clearly know what they are shooting, and know exactly how to tell somebody about it. I think it is an important process to title your images as well, and that will help you categorize them based on what you intended them to portray.

If it's just for your own personal use, then by all means categorize them anyway you like.

Stew on that for a bit, and see what you come up with.

5. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!