Pop in my trap/neck area

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 2000GT, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

Last night I was doing some narrow grip bench/skullcrushers. On my last set I picked up the bar, which I lay behind my head on the bench, and felt a pop in the back of my shoulder and neck area.
    It didnt hurt at all 'till last night, where by the time I got to bed I couldn't bring my arms up to take my shirt off without discomfort.
    Today I can barely turn my neck without a shooting pain going down my back and left side.
    It feels similiar to the shooting pain in my lower back when I tore discs, but obviously not quite as painfull.

Is there a chance its just a muscle pull or strain, if it doesnt go away in a couple days I will see the doc...

2. Crunge

Crunge New Member

it might be your rhomboid. i know i did something similar last week with shrugs. i took some motrin and it was completely gone after a day or so. ive had it before and didnt take anything and the pain lasted almost a week

3. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

If you think that you injured it picking up and don't have a spotter that can hand you the bar just start with it on your knees sitting on the bench then rock back and use your legs to get the bar up into the extended position and plant your feet to get your balance then go for it. That's what I do anyway ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.