Poorboy's Spray & Wipe

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Ballast, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

Tried Spray & Wipe for the first time last night. I had just washed the car for the first time ever with QEW and wanted to compare S&W to #34.

Did a side by side comparisson on my hood. Poorboy's S&W was way slicker feeling than #34. I was quite amazed. When I went from using Mother's Showtime to Final Inspection I never imagined I could find a better QD to use.

Looks like I might just use my #34 for claying and to mix with QEW now.

Has anyone else used this product and liked it? Any long term differences between it and other QDs? I figure if I'm this happy with it, there must be some kind of a catch.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Isn't PB's Spray and Wipe more of a way to wash a lightly dirty car? I've used it to clean cars with a lot of dust on them and it works very well, but QEW is much more economical.

S&W works very well mixed with QEW btw.

3. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

It says it can be used as a waterless wash or a QD. I was looking at it to replace my usual QD.

I got a guy from work to pick up some QEW for me this week (nearest dealer is on his way home, which is like 65 miles from me). Stuff worked amazing!

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Yeah, QEW is tits. I've been using it for around 12 years now. Once you really get the hang of it, you can wash an average sized car in 15-20 minutes and maybe another 10 minutes or so to wipe down the door jams and clean the wheels and fenderwells.

5. solaraguy

solaraguy Guest

If your car is really dirty use the QEW and save the S&W for in between washes. I used it today for the first time and am pretty happy. I used some EF Clear Pearl to help lubiricate rather than S&W, but will try that next.