Poorboy's EX vs EX-P

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by VANOS, Jun 20, 2004.

1. VANOS

VANOS .

I have a 2004 Jet Black BMW, it has some fine swirl marks, but of course the paint is still brand new...

i am ordering Vanilla Moose and am either going to go with Poorboy's EX or Poorboy's EX-P.

I have read through the threads about both on this forum and on other sites and I still do not understand the major distinctions between the two.. basically which one do I want to use in this 2-step process of Vanilla Moose + ??

I read that one of them is better on lighter cars and one better on dark?

I probably will not be waxing the car for another ~6 months as I will be back up at school and the I will not be topping with a final wax.. just Vanilla Moose + Poorboys

So which should i go with? EX? or EX-P?

Thanks in advance :)

2. perry

perry burp

EX, with its carnuba, is supposed to give better depth and darken the paint, so it would probably be best on black. EX-P lacks the carnuba, so it's clearer and brings out the metal flakes better on light cars. Looks perty on my teal car :)

6 months is a long time :wtc: Poorboys products work well in the sun, so you don't need a garage...

3. VANOS

VANOS .

any idea which one lasts longer?

and how about vs. S100 in durability/lasting?

4. perry

perry burp

S100 isn't known for its durability, month at most, nor are any other pure carnubas. EX or EX-P would easily outlast them, but even then, you should probably try to reapply after 3 months or so to keep it lookin good.

In theory, a pure sealant should last longer than one with carnuba, so EX-P may outedge EX by a week or three. Although, I read a post from someone saying that he still had heavy beading w/ EX after 5 months.

You may also want to look in to Klasse if you really won't be able to apply any products for 6 months. It's longevity is supposed to rival that of Zaino.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Either one would look good, EX would look deeper and EX-P is more reflective. I'm getting 4-5 months durability out of EX, I've only had EX-P for about 3.5 months but it is looking good so far.

Another option is Wolfgang's pre-cleaner and sealant if you want to use one product line. It is a sealant that has a very carnauba look to it. Supposed to last 5-6 months, longer in areas that have no acid rain or industrial fallout. I've had it on a regular's car a little more than 3 month is it seems to be holding up very nicely.

6. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

My last shippment from Steve included a bottle of his EX-P. I've only gotten to use it on a couple vehicle so far but I will say it goes on and comes off easily. It also looks really sharp. I like the way it turned out on the light metallic blue of one of the vehicles.

S100 and P21S's durability won't even compare to EX or EX-P. The longest I've gotten out of them is about a month. Carnauba just cannot take the heat that the paint of a vehicle is exposed to in the sun. It evaporates off the paint and cracks in the heat. Also, with synthetics a pure synthetic wax like EX-P will out last any wax with a carnuaba in it.

Steve recommened the EX-P for the heat and weather that we experience over here in Louisiana and I don't think you're getting off any easier being in Florida.

Scottwax, hey, it's Intel from that other detail place... lol... First time in your area. I mainly lurk in some other places.

7. VANOS

VANOS .

okay thanks guys, excellent advice as always :bigthumb:

i think i will go with Vanilla Moose + EX-P

8. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

I highly endorse this combo. I have used it exclusively on friends' BMWs and the result is absolutely stunning. I have also started following up with a final layer of S100, which also works very well as a topper, but I don't know that I am in love with the look as opposed to the raw, clear, hammering reflection of EX-P. It is truly amazing.

9. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

You can always top with the carnauba of your choice anyway. :)