Poorboys 3 step.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by BlinginAssRims, Oct 18, 2004.

1. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

Poorboys heavy, med, light swirl remover.
    Worth using by hand?
    I noticed i can get all 3 for 36$

Scott i think i've read you use it on your details quite a bit. How effective is it?

2. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I haven't used SSR 3 yet but I have used SSR 2 and SSR 1 and I really like it. It's a bit of a thicker polish but it breaks down well, not quite as well as DACP but I got really nice results on a 330i that was swirled pretty bad. Not sure about using it by hand. Most of my work is done using a PC with a polishing pad. Sorry!

3. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I'm not positive but you probably won't need all three of them.

I haven't used his polishes too much and I do most of my work by hand anyway.

If you're looking for a wax, then his EX-P is really easy to work with.

4. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Not to be a dick or anything but EX-P is a sealant, not a wax. Natty's is an excellent wax though.

5. solaraguy

solaraguy Guest

I've used SSR 1 & 2.5. I am thinking about adding SSR 2 to my growing arsenal of products (I admit, I'm a product whore!). Unless you are working on cars with serious paint damage, SSR 3 is overkill and can probably be replaced by 2.5...I wouldn't mind having some on hand just in case, but I probably wouldn't use it much (plus I have the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover too).

EX-P is a pure sealant as mentioned above; there is no wax in it. It is very clear and looks great on light & metallic cars. EX is a sealant with carnuba and it is very easy to use; I like it a lot on darker cars.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd get SSR 2.5 and 1 to start with. Should be enough to get your paint into really good shape.

7. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I have tried 2.5. I got a 4oz sample from specialtymotoring.com and well, i'll definitely be buying a full bottle in the fall. I like it more then DACP at the moment (haven't used either in the past 2 months).

I'm holding off until spring on all detailing purchases (save some PC pads x-mas time) because I need to use up some of my other stuff.

8. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

ive used all 4 and they work pretty well
    1 is good for like a final polish
    2 is a little more mild and remove light to moderate hazing, some spiderwebbing
    2.5 can remove most spider webbing
    3 i didnt notice much w/3 other than lots of marring, but the marring can be removed w/2
    id only use the first 3 by hand cause using 3 by hand is like using sand paper.

9. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Wow, excellent post. I'll definately be careful if I ever need to use SSR3. Although I usually just crank up the PC with 2.5 and it usually gets the job done.

10. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

3 feels very gritty but breaks down almost instantly. I've never had a problem using it on really bad cars by rotary.

11. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

Yeah but he uses a PC.

12. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd probably go no higher than 2.5 with a PC but Steve at Poorboy's would know best. I know Meguiars has compounds that are rotary use only.