A&P pool, phone, and rome

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by fliptight, Sep 29, 2003.

1. fliptight

fliptight Guest

some amateur pool action at my school

[​IMG]

the guy on the left playing with his new phone instead of studying intro to philosophy

[​IMG]

girlfriend's pic from venice with an S200 i bought for her

[​IMG]

2. dragon1976

dragon1976 Guest

What are the pic settings for the pool shot? (shutter, aperature, etc)

3. Kronos

Kronos Guest

I'm guessing 1/60th of a second and some whacked out WB setting or some cross processing if it's film. Aperature looks to be around 8 and I'm gussing an ISO of around 800 unless that grain is from compressing down a jpeg.

4. fliptight

fliptight Guest

i had left it on daylight wb because the tungsten balance looked too odd

pic was taken at ISO 800 equivalent and Tv priority of 1/15 (i doubt 1/60 would've blurred the cue ball that much) and camera chose f/3.2

5. Kronos

Kronos Guest

!/60th could've, Depends on what kind of shot the guy was taking, if it was a Break shot it might have, I guess I can't tell exactly how fast he's actually hitting the ball by the pic. The DOF seems pretty deep for 3.2. I guess I dont' know as much as I thought I did.

6. fliptight

fliptight Guest

maybe you do, but you might thinking film/full frame. the DOF is what bothers me in consumer digicams actually. it has super short focal length and everything is more or less in focus. can't have those portrait "35mm like" shots with nice blurred background (erm with the exception of macro shots like pic 2 i guess)

maybe i'll shell out for a telephoto lens

7. Kronos

Kronos Guest

Ahh there's the rub!

8. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

This was digital? If 35 mm i would think the f/s on 3.2 would have yielded a blurry background, nothing in the picture seems to be completely in focus, looks more like infinity to me. If it was digital i dunno. I don't like digital lol.

9. fliptight

fliptight Guest

yeah it was the powershot A70 like my previous threads. i figured the red and green noise made it apparent it was a high iso digital picture? does this occur in film also? i've never shot in film =/

the reason (digital) photography is fun to me is the because i can observe results right away

10. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

question. just wondering but how come some photos when you save them onto your harddrive from the internet, you can see all the picture properties? such as the pool one. but on others it wont show?

11. fliptight

fliptight Guest

well the properties are what you call the EXIF header. not sure what the acronym means. but anyway, it depends on what program you used to resize or modify it with.

not all programs support it. adobe photoshop does of course.