Pontiac Fiero Crew. Where can i put subs/amps.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ham Sammich, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

I don't know if anyone here owns a fiero I just got one for my 15th birthday. I am putting a system in it but where can I put amps and subs. If you don't know a fiero is a 2 seater mid engine car. There is very little space behind the seats maybe 3 inches. I am ripping out the glove box which is mounted in between the seats near the shoulders on the wall and putting a sub or amp there.

Any ideas where I can put sub and amps?

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

arent you a little young to be on the internet?

in all seriousness post pics because trying to describe a car interior doesnt rly work out 2 well

if u or your parents dont have a digi cam then find a pic online, if u cant do that u lose at life

if i were you id tear out the front seat, and then make a sub box and attach a lap belt to it for the poor sob who has to sit there, and for a back rest tear the back half off of one those old ghetto aluminum lawn chairs with the woven backing.

3. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i've seen a killer fiero install... the amp was behind the seat, and there was a sub under the false floor on the passanger side.

4. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

No one drives the car, by got it for my 15th birthday that was months ago. No one drives it except for me when I turn 16.

5. Ronin

Ronin Guest

so u still cant drive it for a year?

6. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

Here are the pics of the interior. Tell me if you need more angles. Where would I be able to put everything?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^behind the passenger seat. There is about the same amount behind the drivers seat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

sub placement:

glass it
    [​IMG]

not sure on demensions but this might be feasible if this is the area u are considering removing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

running wires might get tricky but its definately possible id say

8. Ronin

Ronin Guest

as far as sub ur obviously going to need a small shallow depth sub that can run on a very small enclosure

so maybe ID might be a good choice or something to that effect

9. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

that area is the glove box, he kinda needs that... floor for the sub, behind the seat for the amp.

10. Ronin

Ronin Guest

makes sense

11. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i don't think there actually is a fiero crew :eek3: wow, ummm, what about porting something in from the trunk (front of car) thru the pass floor board. these aren't the best cars ever for building systems, but you can do it. i've seen one fiero in car audio mag years ago and he had 6.5s in the doors and a 10 or something with the enclosure in the trunk and ported or firing in thru the pass floor board.

12. Jake!

Jake! Guest

fireo.nl

I miss mine :hsd:

13. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

dont even bother trying to put a system in it. youll wreck the car anyways. and any ghetto ass rig you put in there willl be just that -- ghetto. i was young too, these types of things just dont work. you dont need to impress youre friends with a system that rattles the bolts loose on your oil pan.

14. Ronin

Ronin Guest

:mamoru:

i hate to say it but this post speaks truth although i try to keep it nice in here :hs:

15. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

ah, so true.....i once had a system in a 1984 cavalier that i shared with my mom. JVC Knob tape deck, kenwood dual cone 3.5s and 6x9s and a Kicker Comp 12....and the sub and 6x9s were powered off the Jensen 250 watt amp (that i still own, but don't use. yes it still works) and the subs was xovered (?) with a low pass coil ( a big ass spool of wire) :hsd:

16. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

My dad owns a spring shop this isn't just going to be some shit car i don't use i will have this car for a while.

17. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

three channel mode ftw.

18. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

YESSSS!!!! wasn't that popular for 30 mins