FRK Polyamory

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Soybomb, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'm curious if we have any people here involved in polyamorous relationships that would like to just talk about some of the struggles they've been through in the course of them. I think it would be interesting to hear what does and doesn't work.

I've always thought it seemed like a stretch that we as people with such diverse interests and long lives should be monogamous and share romantic love with only 1 person. It makes for a good movie but to steal a lyric from one of my favorite songs "you can't expect only one person to satisfy you eternally/To satisfy you emotionally, psychologically, sexually and intellectually for life" It seems like if we could break out of the monogamy thing that is instilled in us through life and lose some of the jealousy some of us might find even more happiness.

Is it possible to have equal love in your polyamorous relationhips. Will someone always love and care for one of their partners just a little more than the other, are they ever equal? Does each new prospective partner have the potential as replacing you as "the favorite?" I don't know that I would ever feel comfortable in a poly relationship if that were the case but maybe thats not really the way it is. Its easy for the cool new person to come in and sweep someone off their feet and their old partner under the rug even if they are still loved. How do poly people cope with this?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  2. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

where are all the OT mormons? :dunno:

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

they are busy looking up the definition for polyamorous. :mamoru:

I think that the people that would be able to really, honestly, intimately, love more than one person with no hint of deception or deceipt are very few and far between. For the vast majority, attempting to pull it off will always lead to a painful end.

4. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Soybomb -

We are currently involved in a wonderful 2 couple relationship. Is this what you were interested in? If so, ask away!

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Cool is it just friends with sex type relationship or actually other people you might be able to use the word love with? If love, do your partners get equal affection and love from you or might one become your favorite. To me the most threatening thing would be that I would be the "most important" and then her new lover might replace me as getting the most affection and love and that in the future the new person would come before me. If they moved she would go with them, not stay with me kind of love.

6. RougeOgre

hmmm... we all just had the "L" word discussion and yes, we love them (great people, similar hobbies, music preferences, taste in food etc). My hubby is still number one but I try to treat my BF & GF equally.

I know that I could never "live" with the BF, he is too Type-A for me and we would drive each other insane with our very dominant personalities. The GF is very sweet but kind of submissive and I love penis too much to run away with her:mamoru: .

The BF and I are very experimental together where as my hubby and the GF are not so much (IE: the BF and I LOVE to bite/be bitten). The GF and I have very high sex drives, so when the boys can't keep up we take care of each other. All around, it is an excellent sexual match and a wonderful friendship. As background, we have been friends for several years but lovers for only about a year.

Anything else?

7. imori

imori Phasma En Machina

yes... thats hot.

8. RougeOgre

The only down side to this is that when the 4 of us are around our other friends, we have a hard time behaving and one of us has a job such that our arrangement can't be public knowledge (small town, small minds).:wtc:

9. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

Your situation certainly does intrigue me RougeOgre... I think I could possibly see myself in a couple-couple relationship with a close friend of mine (we've fooled around together already)... but she just has to get a boyfriend/husband that I like! She's single right now. But who knows... maybe one day years from now it might happen. The only problem is, I don't know if I would be comfortable with her having sex with my husband. That would be really hard for me.

10. RougeOgre

I am happy to say that it doesn't bother me at all. It makes me even more excited to hear her cum, knowing that my hubby is giving her that pleasure. She told me that she once had a flash of envy over the first killer orgasm her hubby gave me and she wasn't exactly sure why but she hasn't ever felt it again.
    I guess it comes from being secure in my relationship with my hubby and knowing how happy they are in their marriage.

I guess I talk openly about this so that people who have carefully considered this know that it CAN be FANTASTIC if you are willing to give it all the care and consideration that you'd give any other serious relationship. We are lalso lucky in that we have no reproduction/birth control worries.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006