POLL: Does anybody really "date" anymore? Or does everyone just hang out?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SolidRanger, Jan 28, 2010.

?

Do you date or hang out?

1. I go on dates, and I like it

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. I go on dates, but I don't really like it

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. I prefer to just hangout with people to get to know them

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. I don't date

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Just curious what the vag things. It seems to me that going on actual dates has become less common, atleast with younger people. Seems to me like alot of people think of dates as being too old fashioned/formal, and prefer to just hang out to get to know each other

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I SEE NO POLL!!@!

3. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

I don't know why the thread gets posted before you finish the poll....:dunno:

4. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

Is it still dating when you live with someone, have been together for 3 years, and never go on "dates"? My bf says we are dating...I call bullshit.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Think it depends a lot on where you live and how you meet.

Say you are in college and meet a girl through a friend at their dorm/condo/house. I can see just making a "date" to simply hang out somewhere on campus, etc. If you meet a girl outside of school however and have no chance of really seeing her every day then a date is usually set up :dunno:

I've done both with my current and past boyfriends. It's situational most times.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

People "hang out" which means "fuck."

Sex is casual.

Oral sex is even more casual.

Seriously, if a chick says she wants to "hang out" with you, she wants your cock.

:rofl:

Seriously, tho. People are too pussy to say "date" so they say "let's hang out" under the guise of "well we'll call it a date in hindsight if things went well, but if not, then we were just 'hanging out' as friends."

Sometimes you are "hanging out" with new people and then realize "hey, I wanna date this person."

I consider "hanging out" to be either 1) with other people besides just you two or 2) casual friends. I "hang out" with my friends. A "date" is with romantic intentions.

7. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Depends on how I met the person really. If it's a friend of a friend then I'll hang out with her in a group setting before asking her on a date. Typically though it's either dates or nothing with me. I have an extremist viewpoint on the subject though.

8. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

I consider a date when the man picks me up from my house, takes me out do to an activity (dinner/movie is an example) and then takes me back to my house and drops me off for the night :big grin:.

9. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

depends. ive gone on dates with some guys, ive just "hung out" with others. it has a lot to do with location, money situation, etc.

i like dates, but i was perfectly fine not going on any when my husband and i first got together, it was situational

10. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Oh that bring up a good point. What are we calling a "date" vs "hanging out"? Because plenty of my dates are just 'hanging out' with the known intention of it being a romantic interest.

11. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Of course people still date. They just call it "hanging out" and they act like it's completely informal and casual, because they don't want to tip their hand to the other person that they're secretly hoping they'll go home and fuck afterwards.

You want to see a happy woman, give her flowers and take her somewhere nice every now and then so she has a reason to dress up pretty and make you look like you must be rich if you've got her "hanging out" with you.

12. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

Never really go on dates anymore.

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I hate dates and if I never had to go on one again it would be awesome :bowdown:

Hanging out is so much better because it's more casual and there are no expectations. You can hang out with someone a few times and just get to know them without someone being like "omg we haven't kissed yet, she must not like me :rolleyes:". A lot of people have expectations for dates like you have to kiss on the first date or have sex by the 3rd. Hanging out removes all of that BS and leaves you free to actually get to know each other without worrying about what is going to happen. People act more fake on dates because they are trying to impress each other.

14. Vysion

Vysion New Member

What kind of dates would you like him to take you on? I assume you both go out to eat once in a while, or to the movies, or whatever... isn't that considered a date?

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I do both. A lot more dating recently, a lot more hanging out when i was younger. Think I was like 22 before I had a "real" first date.

16. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I don't date around anymore but when I did I LOVED going out on dates. I'd rather go out than just hang out.

17. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I hope not. Buster would be pissed! :rofl:

18. themolsen

themolsen New Member

agreed

19. Lucky Penny

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Nooo shit.

I do get him to take me out on dates though. Love it :love: though it's a bit different now then it was when we first started dating :mamoru::mamoru:

20. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I have never dated anyone in my life.
    No one would wine and dine me, or take me out to the movies (or would let me do that to them). I just seemed to hang out with them and it progressed from there.

I kinda miss it, but that's what valentines day, anniversaries and birthday's are for, yeah?

21. Lucky Penny

awww!! :( are valentines/anniversary/birthdays the only time you guys get to go out on dates? :( 4 times a year is sooo not enough :hs: though with babies I'm sure it's hard.

22. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

The last time we went out to dinner, or did something as a couple was a few weeks ago where my husband took the day off work and we went to the movies and lunch. The last time we went out before that was our wedding anniversary nearly a year ago.
    We don't go out that much and it sucks. But a) we have children and b) we have a mortgage.

I wish we went out to dinner 4 times a year and I wish we had date nights, but it's just not feasible for us and we have come to terms with it. Plus if we were to go out it would be me who arranges it, not my husband.

23. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Goddamn Miss Kitty, how do you end up with the lousiest guys on earth?

Then again, my dad took his girlfriend out to a nice restaurant for V-Day last year, and she said to him at one point, "I don't remember the last time someone took me out on a date for Valentine's Day."

Apparently the world is full of assholes. :dunno:

24. Lucky Penny

Movies and lunch yayaya! :big grin: That's a whole day's worth of fun :coold:

And sure it sucks now but you're babies are getting older and soon it'll be a TON easier to go out. Just wait until you realize they're all sleeping over a their friend's house and you two have the night to yourselves :h5: Then it'll be awesome :h5:

25. lauren

lauren Active Member

christ we eat out like 5 times a week :embd:

i wanna get back to cooking more. i think it will help our date night feel more like a date, and less like just another dinner.