Polk Audio HTIB?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Peter Jun, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Peter Jun

Peter Jun New Member

First, whats the difference between their rm20 set and rm 6900? Only thing I can see is that theyre different colors, other than that I'm not too sure.

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/rm20/
    http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/rm6900/

Has anyone had expierence with these? Theyre going for ~700 on clutchfield with the PSW10 subs right now . I live in a condominium so I dont really need a huge setup. I'm going for a 5.1 surround with hdmi since i have a ps3 and hd cable box running. I also won't need a seperate dvd player since I will be using the ps3.

Also I'm trying to decide between the Onkyo TX-SR604 and Harman Kardon AVR 245 right now. I've heard good reviews on both of them can someone recommend me one?

Thanks alot!

2. LOtown

LOtown Active Member

I just bought an Onkyo TX-SR604 two weeks ago...I'm loving it...

I bought a pair of Polk Monitor 60's for my front speakers, and I'm grabbing a set of Polk R150's today for rear surrounds....Then I just need to wait for a good deal on a sub/center...:bigthumb:

3. Peter Jun

Peter Jun New Member

is there a big difference between the 674 and the 604's? It says that 604 doesnt have up converting Im not sure if I will be needing it or not, I just want to be able to hook up my PS3 and hd cable box into it and connect it to the tv with hdmi.

4. LOtown

LOtown Active Member

The 604 does not upconvert component to HDMI, meaning if you have things plugged in via component cables and HDMI cables you would have to run both HDMI and component outputs to your TV. It will upconvert RCA/S-Video/etc to Component though.

I can't remember if the 674 does upconverting to HDMI or not.