WEB Political site... v.missed the boat

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mikenotmike, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mikenotmike

Mikenotmike

I started designing this a few months ago and never got a chance to finish it...

Anyone want to team up for a last minute shot at political ad revenue's?

http://www.reasontovote.com/beta/

2. LOLZILLA

LOLZILLA New Member

Mocks look tight.

Hope it gets off the ground.

3. intrktevo

intrktevo New Member

just get the ground work ready to use in 4 years, i think its too late for this round

4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

why are you saying you missed the boat? Only like 30% of the country followed the primaries. Just code it up for the general election and get that money

5. Mikenotmike

Mikenotmike

I'm stuck with project deadlines of my own already, gotta keep the cash flow coming in, not much time to work on it :(

Still time to make bank with it, but I need help with development if it's going to happen at this point

6. Mikenotmike

Mikenotmike

so I figured I'd bounce it off you guys

7. Shampoo

Shampoo Rinse & Repost

better than i expected, its not too late. could be cleaned up a bit though design wise.

8. What kind of help are you looking for? I am interested.

9. Browning

Browning Active Member

pretty neat looking, but I'm not mikenotmike so why is it welcoming me back:noes:

10. Mikenotmike

Mikenotmike

I'm looking for someone experienced with an appropriate content management system, likely best to be built with Drupal or Joomla, maybe even vBulletin or Text Pattern.

I can do some mild drupal administration but I have no experience styling any templates yet (hopefully plan to master this in the next 6 months, but that won't help me now).. My experience to date is with HTML & CSS, some flash, photoshop, and most recently xCart (just finished designing and rolling out www.beautynow4less.com, still tweaking it so don't judge).

I've got the proposed functionality of reasontovote all laid out and annotated, I spent months negotiating the domain away from the previous owner, and a more few months playing with design mockups in my spare time..

Obviously partial ownership rights are up for grabs here, not looking for handouts, I want someone who wants to be a part of it.

edit:: also I figure the person will need some experience with javascripting, for part of the voting mechanism

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  11. Mikenotmike

Mikenotmike

Also.. My reason for conceiving the site ::

Last election I felt like although there was plenty of information floating around on each of the candidates, there was little to no consolidation of it. There are so many video's out there it's almost impossible to know where to start. So realistically I found it hard for the average person to easily educate themselves on where each candidate actually stands on any given issue.

So the concept is to bring all of this political media, the good and the bad, and put it in one place, and let the public "push" the most relevant video's to the top by voting...

This way any clueless citizen can hop on the site and see what the public considers to be the most relevant information for every candidate, on every issue.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  12. Mikenotmike

Mikenotmike

Thank you btw