Polish/wax motorcycle?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by about:blank, May 23, 2005.

1. about:blank

about:blank Whether you think that you can or that you can't,

I finally got something brand new and really want to make sure it lasts. The bike is mostly black with some red and silver. Right now, even though it has only 80 miles on it there are minor swirl marks one can only see when in a dark room with a bright light.

How can I take care of this and keep it looking better than new? What do I need to buy?

Thanks guys!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

S100 Total Cycle Cleaner is your friend. Great way to wash your bike and really get it clean.

I do mostly Harleys, so I use a lot of Clearkote's Vanilla Moose since it works equally well on paint and chrome. Did this bike using Vanilla Moose on the chrome and paint, then Red Machine Glaze on the paint and topped with Poorboy's EX-P Sealant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The product list has more suggestions for polishes, waxes and sealants.

3. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

S100 is great.

Also get some Plexus for your day-to-day cleaning.

4. Boosted_AWD_

Boosted_AWD_ 10,000 Watts RMS

honda spray polish

5. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Scottwax - do you have any more suggestions or tips on detailing motorcycles? Ive gone through everything I could find on Autopia and picked up a lot of information, but I value your opinion more. I have some S100 and S100 TCC, but other than that everything I have is for cars and nothing thats made just for chrome. I am wondering if I need to pick up anything else to detail a really old Triumph thats in bad shape. I was planning on washing it with the S100 TCC, then claying almost all of it, then using #80 on the gas tank followed by Klasse AIO+SG then some S100. Would it be ok to wax the chrome as well or do I need something else for that?

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I use Vanilla Moose on the chrome but AIO would work too. Without seeing the bike, I don't know if #80 is aggressive enough but if the paint isn't too horrible you should be fine.