policy on texting?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Horror, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Horror

Horror Guest

I'm curious on your policies on texting. If you just meet someone...is calling too formal if you haven't had much time to actually talk?

Reason I ask is I met some girl at the airport, goes to my school, talked for 5 mins, got her number. I don't think I gave it enough time for a call and ask her to a party...so texting may be more appropriate?

2. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

it takes just as long to type out the text as it does to call her and ask her to the party

3. Horror

Horror Guest

true. i have 2 girls on my horizon, one who is my grade (jr in college), i'll ask her out on a "date", the frosh girl (who i'd just do) i'll ask her to the party.

4. Insert

Insert Active Member

I rarely text when I first meet someone. There are way too many variables that can go wrong and make you second guess the whole thing. Usually if someone calls and they are actually interested they will pick up and if they are busy and can't you'll usually get a call back or at least a text.

5. Horror

Horror Guest

Appreciate the advice. The last line seems to hold true pretty well. I've had two girls actually just never call me back. :o

6. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

call the girl. Texting gives answers too open ended. i got some grisl number and thought we hit it off and texted her and thought she was being flirty but I got the wrong impression from her.

You have to talk/hangout with the girl 1-2 times before you start texting

7. Horror

Horror Guest

is that your chick in the av?

8. energie

nope just a random girl i thought was beautiful

9. Horror

Horror Guest

oh. if it were yours I'd be asking a million questions on how you met them. i'm an above average guy but have no connections to any hot girls through friends.

10. energie

confidence, I've met plenty through college, going out to bars, and through friends. Start up the small talk and go from there. It may take a few tries with a couple but it could work

11. Horror

Horror Guest

I have confidence, but the girls are my school are very clique. So approaching on random, and it's not my game, usually gets a slightly odd shoulder. Never tried the BANGIN' girls though...usually I see them ni groups at dinner table in the dining hall. I guess I could ask them to join them....but they'll probably :hsugh:

12. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

I'd rather text than call.

13. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

you're better off separating a lamb from the pack. if i were sitting at dinner with my girls, I would be weirded out by some random guy sitting with us. If one of us knew you, though, you would be in and it wouldn't be weird. You're better off telling a girl in your class that you're having a bit of trouble and would like someone to study with. Even if you're not into her, specifically, you'll get to meet all her friends by association.

14. Horror

Horror Guest

See I can't imagine why that is socially awkward? I don't think a group of guys would mind if a chick joined at all. What's your opinion on if you were by yourself eating and a guy asked to join you?

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yeah, that's because men and women are vastly different in that sense.

16. Insert

Insert Active Member

I think it'd really all depend on the girls and how you present yourself and act. A friend of mine does stuff like that all the time but he's very good looking and the biggest people person I know. I mean let's be honest, if you're creepy looking and plan on sitting there making little to no conversation them you're setting yourself up for failure. Go in with confidence and be social, but not to the annoying pestering social and see how it works out for you. Worst case, noone is into you.

17. Horror

Horror Guest

check your pm's :x:

So what about approaching a girl in public if she's sitting by herself?

I'm a firm believer that meeting people would be easier if society did not have certain rules. It shouldn't be awkward to have a random guy join 4 girls at a dinner table when they go to the same college.

18. Horror

Horror Guest

I would like to think that's me :) I love meeting people, but I hate when people make it awkward for the person doing the meeting.

edit: short story. Saw a girl sitting on a bench in this building. Started to talk to her, she was smiling and being cool. Notihng awkward. She knew me because apparanty I was in her class. So I figured I'd get her number, and she said "sorry I don't know you well enough" in a polite manner. I was pleasantly surprised, but in retrospect it's like "come on, I go to a good school, in a good professional program w/ you...i'm not a rapist jesus christ"

19. energie

meh if u see her in one of your classes go make small talk

you alraedy have one foot into the door might as well keep going on with it.

20. Horror

Horror Guest

Problem's that I've been to class a few times since, and she usually walks in with some gay kid right next to her, talks to him as soon as she sits, so fuck that. Too much of a hassle.

21. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

all depends how you do it. yeah, with guys all you have to be is decent looking and they will be glad to have you. Even if you are rather plain a girl who just randomly sits with guys will probably be greeted with curiosity and at the worst disinterest.

As a guy you can do it, but you have to bring something to the table or else you will be greeted with hostility. It absolutely can be done.

22. energie

it also takes the uttermost confindence

23. Horror

Horror Guest

I have no problem approaching and asking to join. But if I sit and they give each other the :hsugh: look as I have had...or if they get quiet...as I have had...then it's fucking stupidly awkward. I understand they are going to be nice, but still. Maybe I should on what I say when I ask.

24. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

well fuck why ever even meet up in person then?

25. energie

start with talking with only one or two girls in or outside ur classes.

the one you talking with on the bench should be ur priority if your attracted to her. work on her.