MIL Police testing question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RMarks, Oct 2, 2007.

1. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but thought it was somewhat related.

I have to take the Police Officer Selection Test in a little under 3 weeks. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to study if anything. Somebody told me it was just common sense kind of stuff. I guess my question is; is there anything in particular I should study for the test?

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

There are tons of books on police examinations.

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Attention to detail

4. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

The tests vary from department to department. I had bought a study guide book and it basically covered everything. But when I actually took the test..it was a little different. There were 70 questions on the exam I took. 40 questions were on Spelling (pick out the misspelled word and stuff like that) and the other 30 questions were on reading comprehension.

You might wanna ask your Department if they have a study guide of their own, which most do that will allow you to study what will be on their exam. Good luck with the process. I just have the phyc eval and medical and should be going to the academy in December.

5. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

For what dept aftershock?

6. habitat

habitat Splatinum Member

Agreed, check with the dept many of them have study guides they will give out. But for the most part its basic knowledge and common sense.

I took a class for the New Jersey State Police and had a lot of character questions like What would you rather do, party with your friends or stay home and read a book blah blah.