GUN Police seize mans guns, hold him on $1M bond, no charges filed yet?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Sep 10, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5385507
    Investigators Find Large Stash of Weapons in North Side Home

Sep 9, 2006 10:07 PM

By Mike Corbin
    News 8 @ 11:00

Indianapolis Police say a north side community may be safer with a man behind bars. This following an odd encounter earlier this week and disturbing discovery in the man's home Saturday morning.

43-year-old Barry Craig was taken to the Marion County jail following a strange encounter with IPD.

"An Indianapolis Police officer was conducting an investigation near Mr. Craig's home, when while the officer was conducting the investigation, Mr. Craig approached him with a firearm in his hand," Detective Sgt. Gregg Arkins with the Indianapolis Police department said.

They say Craig was behaving irrationally and took him into custody. Early Saturday, they found a large stash of weapons in his home in the 3900 block of Carrollton avenue.

"We were concerned about any future dealings with the individual, based on the weapons the we believed in and obviously found in the residence and just due to the odd behavior on the 6th with the investigation that was going on at that time," Detective David Yancey with the Indianapolis Police department said.

Police also found large amounts of ammunition in addition to loaded, high-powered weapons near windows around the house.

"They became concerned for the community safety that if someone were to become upset with that type of firepower it could be extremely dangerous to our community," Sgt. Arkins said.

Neighbors believe a house stocked with guns is dangerous.

"They shouldn't have guns and stuff in the house because that's bad because people around here, they're like, selling the guns and he like could sell the guns and people around here, the kids can get hold of them and they don't need to have them around and stuff like that," neighbor Keona Fields said. :ugh: DIAF cunt

Authorities say Craig is being held on a $1 million bond. The Marion County Prosecutor's office will review possible charges

Approaching a cop with a weapon in your hands isn't exactly a smart thing to do but they haven't even charged him with a goddamn crime.

2. Rev. Links

Rev. Links New Member

See, it's gun nuts like this that give us all a bad name.

3. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

That whole sentence makes baby jesus cry.

If the guns are not illegal in that jurisdiction one hell of a lawsuit could ensue.

4. terrist

terrist Cowboy President > All other World Leaders

:ugh:

5. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Oh no. I dont want to upset anyone because I own guns. :noes:

And its not really what the neighbors want, is it?
    If my neighbors were to call the cops because I keep a few magazines loaded, its not really their place to pry into my business, is it?

Was there anmything said about the cop being in regular clothes or in the mans property looking around?

6. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Yeah, I'm betting the cop was snooping around near the guys yard and HE looked suspicious until the guy got close. At that point the cop decided they needed to arrest him on something...

So I'm really confused, what could they possibly arrest him for? And what on earth justification do they have for $1 MEEELyun bail? When they book you they set your bail based on what you are charged with, right? So they would have to fiel SOMETHING. Maybe just some random firearm related stuff?

Overzealous cops and douche reporters give us all a bad name....

7. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: wtf is she trying to say

8. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Hey! It's a gun related story that doesn't violate just his 2nd amendment rights, but also his 8th. They're really moving on up!

9. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

So they've got nothing on him but they're still holding him with a 1 million dollar bond? If the cop was doing the right thing and was easily recognizable as a cop then they could have just nailed him for brandishing if he really did have the gun in his hand. Since they didn't do that I smell bullshit. I hope he sues the shit out of that PD. This guy is 43 years old and obviously has no kind of record. He hasn't done anything up to this point so how the HELL can they just assume that he'll do something in the future. If a kid broke into his fucking house and found the guns then I HOPE they shoot themselves in the head.

10. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Not enough info in that story to judge anything. The guy sounds like a nut, but it doesn't sound like he's done anything wrong either except maybe brandishing.

11. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

12. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The story lacks alot of info, ok he's got guns scattered around his place, should be in a safe, well i got a safe but its full so i keep alot of my cheap guns out of the safe. He approached the cop with a gun in his hand not smart, but not much details on it, could of been a plainclothes cop snooping around his yard with a flash light and the guy went out to find out what the hell was going on.

13. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Is she 15 or something?

14. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I can't believe you guys are stupid enough to think that they locked a guy up and are holding him on a million dollar bond but didnt charge him with anything :ugh:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060910/NEWS01/609100524&SearchID=73256452429428

Weapons were seized Saturday from the Northside home of a gun dealer who was arrested three days earlier.

Barry S. Craig, 43, was taken into custody Wednesday on a $1 million bond, charged by the Marion County prosecutor's office with criminal recklessness, resisting law enforcement and disorderly conduct.

Bond originally was set at $20,000 but was increased to $50,000 and then to $1 million once police realized the number of firearms in Craig's home, where he operated as a gun dealer, investigators said. Craig remained Saturday in Marion County Jail II, according to Sheriff's Department records.

A search warrant on his home in the 3900 block of Carrollton Avenue was served Saturday morning. Police collected a large amount of weapons, including assault rifles, and ammunition, according to Indianapolis Police Department spokeswoman Pauli Irwin.

IPD started investigating Craig when officers were patrolling in that block Wednesday. An officer had finished checking a man on a bicycle when Craig, carrying a gun in his right hand, walked up behind the officer, police said. Craig cursed at the officer, who called for help and had Craig arrested, police said.

Before his arrest, police said, Craig showed officers a list of weapons registered to him for sale at his home. Police later found that Craig was a federally licensed gun dealer, Irwin said.

Irwin said state law allows police to seek a search warrant for weapons if they believe a person may be dangerous.

15. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

If he was a federally licensed gun dealer then don't you think that it would be ok for him to have lots of guns in his house? If he was selling them illegally then he should be punished. If not then why in the hell would you consider a 43 year old man with no past record a major threat to society? Do you know how many kitchen table gun dealers there are these days thanks to the internet? It's actually pretty easy to get an FFL. You really expect me to believe that this guy just walked up behind a cop with a gun in his hand and started cussing him out for no fucking reason whatsoever :ugh2:. If he was posing such a threat do you really think that the cop would have had time to call for backup? Sorry but I call bullshit on the cop.

16. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

:werd: