GUN Police seize "large" cache of weapons and explosives

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jul 2, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Police: Weapons, Explosives Kept By Y2K Survivalist

POSTED: 5:09 pm EDT July 1, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:16 pm EDT July 1, 2006

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Police said they believe a large collection of weapons and explosive materials removed from a home Friday had been stockpiled for Y2K.

Neighbors were evacuated for about two hours while authorities hauled away several assault-style rifles, a bazooka, other firearms, boxes of ammunition, grenades, gunpowder, ammonium nitrate fertilizer and other potentially explosive chemicals.

Detectives and federal authorities planned to interview Randy Telshaw, 53, the man who lived in the home. Police described him as a "Y2K survivalist" who was worried about the potential for chaos at the start of the century.

Officers were alerted Thursday evening by a friend who checked on the home while Telshaw was hospitalized after being shot in an apparent burglary attempt.

There was no evidence of any plan to use the items to blow up a government building, said Detective Sgt. Joe DeMatteo, who heads up the Youngstown Police Department's bomb squad.

Lets see so he probably had a couple rifles, some reloading equipment, inert grenades, inert rocket tube, and some fertilizer in his garage. I bet he wants to blow up a couple gov buildings now.

2. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Some friend, pussy called the cops on him

3. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

I'm reading 'potentially explosive chemicals' as a can of gasoline for a mower or a bottle of methylated spirits or turpentine.

4. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:werd: or maybe he was a reloader and had some powder in there

5. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

I'm in agreement..
    Even if he had those elements for weapon related uses, he hasnt used them in 7 years! That is enough evidence to push this issue past all the 9/11 bullshit..

I feel sorry for the guy.. and his friend.. what a piece of shit

6. Gimik

Gimik New Member

So now he'll never see his weapons again even though he probably broke no laws...

I hate this country sometimes. (well, some of the people that run it anyway)

7. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

So were any of those things illegal or was he not allowed to have them? I don't see how they could just go confiscate all of his stuff, unless they were live grenades and a real bazooka (doubtful).