GUN Police recover 100+ weapons and "buckets" of ammunition from a Middletown CT home....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by minus, Oct 12, 2007.

1. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

2. DrewDown

DrewDown OT Supporter

"It's scary, I was shaking. I says 'what's going on?' 'cause it's like, ya know, you get thrown out of your house," :mamoru:

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I am curious what the search warrant they were serving at the house was for.

I am not familiar with CT law, but the list of items he had looks for the most part kosher, although the did say he had automatic weapons. If the automatics were legal (not to mention real and not just oh lets call an automatic loading pistol an automatic weapon) then the cops knew that he had firearms before they ever entered the house, since the head LEO has to sign paperwork.

I never get this concept "The police are tyring to determine whether the homeowner was a collector or if he was up to something more sinister." I mean if you have 2 or three guns there are a lot of sinister things you could be up to, but if you have 100, unless you are making illegal full auto or selling them to people who are legally prohibited from owning a gun, there isn't too much sinister you can be up to. Its not like you are going to get up throw on some body armor and all 100 of you guns on your body. Then walk down the street pumping round after round into people out walking their dog and grab another gun when the ammo runs out. Repeating this process 100+ times.

Also the cops better come up with a firearms related charge to file against the man, because if they do not they are in trouble. I mean the man pretty much has to move, all his neighbors think he is evil now. What with the evacuating and basically letting it slip that he had those weapons (even though to the media they will not release a name.)

For all our sake I hope that there was a legitimate reason for this raid, even if the interactions with the public have been handled poorly. Otherwise this feels like harassing a gun owner. The man essentially is going to have to move and find a new group of friend to ever be treated the same again.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

"The police are tyring to determine whether the homeowner was a collector or if he was up to something more sinister."

The police should have fucking asked for his paperwork, and if he had it, they should have shaken his hand, admired the guns, and left him the fuck alone.

5. DrewDown

DrewDown OT Supporter

Don't forget that the "automatic weapons" could turn out to be semi-auto. They could in fact be full auto, but it wouldn't be the first, or last time that detail's been mixed up.

6. Jurisbot Esq.

Jurisbot Esq. Don't blame me I voted for Ron Paul. OT Supporter

stinkin cocks, honestly. Poor dude is probably on his way to rendition. :wtc:

7. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I'm going to laugh when he calls up the NRA and asks for legal representation for a suit against the city and the city gets fucked.

Assuming he truly owns fully auto weapons and they're legal one then the city has no case. Hell, I wonder on what grounds the judge signed the search warrant.

I'd be mightily pissed if I were him. If those cops are tagging all his guns and writing down the serial numbers I'd be getting a lawyer pronto. Assuming CT laws don't require registration (I don't know).

8. Lech

Lech Rhymes with fetch.

Magistrates hand out search warrants like candy.

Some asshole neighbor probably tipped the cops off that he was planning something

9. Jurisbot Esq.

Jurisbot Esq. Don't blame me I voted for Ron Paul. OT Supporter

Grannie next door probably saw him cleaning his rifle on the back porch and thought he was the next natural born killer. :hs:

10. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

well it mentions that the home owner handed in like 90 weapons... I don't know if this was at some sort of gun amnesty or something, but i'm sure that's what gave them a rise. But still kinda a messed up situation if it ends up being that all the firearms were lawfully owned. And where is the atf in all this, they ARE the regulating body when it comes to this sort of thing, not the local PD. I would even go to say that it's out of their jurisdiction since something on that magnitude would need to be handled by the ATF, if there is in fact a violation.

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Silly people, don't they know you need buckets of ammuition if you had automatic weapons? :) 90 weapons really isn't even alot for a collector.

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

90 is a lot.. but if they're legit, who cares? It's legal.

I wanna know what the warrant was for?

13. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:greddy: bitch, the 'hood was safe cause of him

14. minus

Full auto is legal in CT. Select fire is not.

15. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Ugh. I'm sick of these stories. More misinformation and fuel for the gun-grabbers.

16. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

so, what you mean is an M60 is legal, but a mac 10 or an uzi is not? awsome logic there.

17. minus

Haha I don't make the rules.

18. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

its actually similar in CA. if Heller/Parker is ruled an individual right by SCOTUS, you could legally get a FA only PKM, but you couldn't get the semi version, since that would fall under SB-23 (which only applies to Semis, not FA stuff :rofl:)

19. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

god im crossing my fucking fingers :x:

20. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

fucking .

21. 4fifths

4fifths God of Bartons

I love it when news stories mentiob homeowners having guns in their house and making it sound like someone is pure evil. It's like saying they searched his house because he had a car in the driveway.

22. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

yeah i know. they probably have a tank like in the south park episode about family guy where they have a tank of manatees that pulls balls out and thats how they come up with these stupid laws.

23. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I don't know details, but reading between the lines of the article, I see two possibilities...

"Friday one of the home owners turned over about 90 weapons and with that we went back there today with a search warrant"

Estranged wife/girlfriend turned in some guns to fuck him over and either A) had had something naughty, which could be NFA or could be a state AWB violation or B) told them he made threats to himself or others and got him committed for psych eval.

CT has one of the worst laws in the country about what can give police the right to search for and confiscate weapons.

24. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Sounds to me based on the buckets thing that this guy might be a reloader :dunno: