GUN Police : Oops wrong house sorry about threatening to put a bullet in your head

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Sep 3, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/09/01/news/californian/20_02_748_31_07.txt
    Team of Temecula officers disbanded, under investigation

By: JOHN HALL and JOHN HUNNEMAN - Staff Writers
    Last modified Friday, August 31, 2007 10:32 PM PDT

TEMECULA ---- A special team of police officers who are supposed to target the more serious crimes and criminals in the city has been temporarily disbanded and an internal investigation into their actions is under way, Police Chief Jerry Williams confirmed Friday.

While Williams said he could not discuss specifics, he did confirm that a raid conducted by the Street Enforcement Team last week ---- which ended up at the wrong Temecula house ---- is part of the administrative investigation.

"We received several allegations (involving the team) and I felt it was necessary to initiate this investigation," said Williams, who was named Temecula's police chief less than a month ago. He said he could not comment further on any of those allegations.

The team, which is specifically funded by the city, is composed of a sergeant, a corporal and six officers, Williams said.

None of the eight have been placed on leave and all have been reassigned to other duties, the chief said. The investigation is being done by the internal affairs division of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department, which Temecula contracts with for police protection.

Williams added that he intends to start up a new team once the administrative investigation is complete.

"They are my front-line team," the chief said. "It is critical we keep them out there."

Williams said the team is often assigned to particular problem areas or used to address crime trends in the city.

The team is also tasked with keeping a close eye on gang members, illegal drug activity and parolees who may be in the city, he said.

Williams said he believes the team was supposed to be raiding a parolee's home Aug. 24 when they inadvertently hit the wrong door.

Officers ended up at the home of David and Lillian Scott, just off Rancho California Road.

Lillian Scott said she and her husband were in the living room discussing family plans, their 15-year-old daughter was in the garage with two friends and their 16-year-old son was in another room feeding the Scotts' 5-month-old baby.

That all changed at 9:35 p.m. she said, when Temecula police officers ---- four or five, she's not sure ----- carrying rifles charged though the unlocked front screen door and ordered the couple to the floor.

"Two of them came over and put handcuffs on the two of us," Lillian Scott said. "We asked what we had done wrong and didn't get an answer."

Elsewhere in the house other officers handcuffed their daughter and her two friends.

"(The officers) told them to get down on the f---ing floor," she said.

Her 16-year-old son, who was feeding the baby, was also ordered to the floor and handcuffed, Scott said.

From the other room, Scott heard her infant crying.

"I asked if my baby was OK and the officer told me if I moved he was going to put a bullet in my head," Scott said.

She later learned one of the officers had picked the baby up off the couch and had tried to quiet the infant, Scott said.

That sent her mind racing, Scott said.

She was unsure if the house raid was somehow connected to the murder of her daughter, Heather Steimer, then 18, who disappeared in July 2003. Steimer's body was found several weeks later buried in a shallow grave in Escondido. An Escondido man was convicted of murder in that case in 2005.

"That made what was going on even more difficult," Scott said.

Officers continued to search the house.

"They went upstairs and kicked in the doors of my bedroom and my daughter's," Scott said.

Scott later found the hinges off her bedroom door and a hole in the door leading to the daughter's room.

"Then I heard one of the officers on the radio say the second floor was clear," Scott said. "Another officer on the radio then said they were supposed to be at a one-story house."

The raid, Scott said, was supposed to be at a nearby one-story house.

"(The officers) apologized and left," she said.

Scott sent an e-mail to Temecula Mayor Chuck Washington telling him what happened.

"He's been wonderful," she said. "And the police chief came to our house and apologized."

Washington went to Scott's workplace, a local bank, this week to offer a personal apology, she said.

Contacted by phone on Friday, Washington referred questions about the incident to Williams.

"I really appreciate what the mayor and the chief of police have done," she said. "They told us the people involved would be reprimanded."

Scott added she has been contacted by Riverside County human resources officials about a settlement of the incident in lieu of a possible lawsuit.

Scott said they had yet to make a decision on how the family would proceed.

When asked about the raid at the wrong house, Williams called the family "very nice and very cooperative.

"We've tried to mend the fences," he added.

Regarding the investigation into the Street Enforcement Team, Williams said he wants to get to the bottom of things, one way or another.

"I want to get to the facts or get them exonerated, I think we owe it to (the officers)," the chief said.

2. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

Im sure that'll be worth some $$

3. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

yeah, cause an appology can really fix the mental problems and stuff they will have. hooray!

hay guyz, lets bust in, put a family in handcuffs(in a 2 story house when its a 1 story supposed to be getting raided) and then the kid feeding the baby too, hes the real threat. oh, whats that you say? WRONG HOUSE ON A NO KNOCK AGAIN? well fuck, lets get them down and tell them we will put a bullet in their head if they move... after all, they are defenseless laying on the floor face down handcuffed.

gotta love the pigs in the usa. makes me want to shoot every one of those worthless fucks. i hope these people sue the shit out of that department.

4. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

chief's really need to start being kicked out for this type of shit it is really getting out of hand. Good thing they didn't have a dog.

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

does anyone have any numbers or wrong address no-knocks? I wonder how common it is.

6. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

just 1 incident, is too common.

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

oh I agree. but the sheep/LEOs would need a pretty sizable amount to ever be convinced that these are a bad idea - Even then, I'm not sure it's possible to convince them of that.

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

What if the homeowner had a gun and thought they were being invaded. The police would have wasted them. :run:

9. i_is_surf

i_is_surf New Member

No.. Because most LEO's have to do a pre-operational meet beforehand. :rolleyes:

I know for us, it's standard practice to do a drive-by and positive ID before we hit a house...

Sounds more like they were given a green light to do what they wanted and they got complacent....

10. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

How come I hear about these wrong-house, no-knock raids all the time?

11. Keesh

Keesh New Member

This his wife thew her titties in my hand your honor, it was weird.

12. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:rofl:

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

These piss me off but while people if the people who get hit in these raids looking for a bag of weed don't start speaking up with outrage you can expect more of the same.

14. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

It's ironic that we use to "fight communism" and now our country is slowly becoming communist.

15. GTP

GTP New Member

Maybe she's just being nice to the reporters ;)

16. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

people need to speak up with guns, not voices. im sick of this shit. all over a bag of a fucking PLANT. yeah, thats the real terrorist, a bag of weed.

17. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

im not talking about shooting back during the raid... thats one way to get hurt. im talking about the backlash that needs to come from this. im sick of this shit being politically correct, we protest peacefully nothing happens. some iraq type shit needs to start happening, they kill our citizens we burn their station. its the only thing that will make them learn.

18. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Where are people protesting about this? The people that it happened to don't even seem to care. "They" don't need to learn, we need to start to care enough to make it an issue. Where are the people clamoring for the end of the war on drugs or up in arms over these raids?

19. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

sitting in front of their tv, getting fat, too busy not caring because it doesnt effect them.

20. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Geez... again.

21. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Sounds like you need to be more worried about lighting fires under fat asses than police stations to me then.

22. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

lol, cant motivate fatties. i tried to get the fat fuck at my work to just go on a DIET, because she can barely walk up the stairs... she threw a shit fit when i said it might help her health. fat cunt

23. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Hey I'm fat. Hang on a sec, pizza is done. I'm home alone and I is be hawngry.

jk.

24. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl:

25. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

im a big dude, but i can move with teh quickness. 265lbs, dont do any leg excersizes(bad back) and can still run a 4.8 40 :eek3: i dont eat the best, but i sure as hell work off what i eat.