A&P Polaroid Kidd v.Exhibit

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Two toys, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Two toys

Two toys New Member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  2. Tensai81

Tensai81 OT Supporter

humph....apparently I could take photos of homeless people and make some money off it...

:sad2: sorry, I didn't see anything that blew my skirt up in either link

3. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Yeah, saw these a while ago when they were whored all over Digg, didn't really think that much of them. The circumstances and surroundings are interesting, but I found most of the faces to be bland and uninteresting.

4. Tensai81

Tensai81 OT Supporter

IMO it looks like an amature photographer took some pictures and then did some heavy post processing on them :dunno:

5. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I'm going to say there's probably next to 0 post processing done on these images.

The effect you see is due to the camera/lens and film he was using.

I appreciate any art or photography that gives me a perspective or insight to a culture I am not a part of and don't understand. These are interesting. I wouldn't hang them on my wall or anything, but I did enjoy looking at them and probably would check out the show if it were in my area.

But I go to see a lot of work, just for the sake of seeing more work.

6. Two toys

Two toys New Member

lol, well the fact is as jared said there was no post processing because most of them are polaroids lol, or in this digital age did you forget what a polaroid is? and yeah he was an amateur photographer

he's no ansel adams thats for damn sure but the point of the pictures are to show a slice of life that most people arent exposed to on a daily basis.

7. Two toys

Two toys New Member

isnt that how every photographer who makes money from their photographs does it? they pick a subject and take pictures of it?

but how can you write it off as easily as that? you can't even give credit to the fact that these were all his friends that he photographed, that he lived on the road for 3 years with these people to be able to take such personal photographs. meh whatever arguing with you i'm sure will be pointless, your posts prove your stupidity and ignorance better than i ever could.

8. Meat Popsicle

Meat Popsicle What's that smell? OT Supporter

Not a fan.