A&P Point and Shoot Camera

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Hairy Gorilla, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

I'm looking for a new point and shoot camera to replace my old Canon s30. I researched a little and found the Canon SD630 to be a pretty good choice. I never use the optical viewfinder so I don't care that it doesnt have one. Price is right at just under 300 or even 250 at some places. Anyone have any opinions on this camera or better ones for around this price range? I wish I could get more optical zoom than 3x but for a camera that small I imagine that comes at a price. Thanks

2. s0ber

s0ber New Member

sd630 is nice

3. duff

duff what's the score here?

if you won't miss the manual controls of the S30, then any of the SD cameras are really nice IMO, you'd enjoy it.

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

the sd600 is a nice P&S manual, but doesn't have much in the way of complete manual control. basically you can open your shutter for 1-15 seconds and set iso from 80-800. and that's about it as far as fstop/shutterspeed/iso.

5. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

Yeah the original reason I got the s30 was because I thought I would use the manual controls a lot, but I really never used them. Seems like the 630 will work pretty well for me.