Pocket PC questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mdaniel, Aug 13, 2005.

1. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I use a Palm device with Documents To Go. I have a folder full of Word and Excel docs on my PC that get two way synced with my PDA at each hotsync. Does the PPC automatically sync docs like that? Also, I read that Pocket Word doesn't support tables. True? Any word if the next version coming out will fix that?

I also have a program that keeps all of my passwords, software license keys, etc, and two way syncs between the PDA and a desktop app. Anything like that for PPC?

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

3. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Docs to go is better with word/excel files than Pocket PC - that is, until WM5.0 starts to appear. If you get a dell X50 or an ipaq 4705/2700, they will get upgrades to wm5.0 in octoberish. its supposed to have much better support for tables and charts and such.

I used to use ewallet for my private info. You can get a desktop version for it as well. Depending on the program you use, there maybe a pocket pc one that can just sync up to the one you already have on your desktop.

4. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Thanks. Does PPC automatically sync Word/Excel docs between the PDA and the PC like Docs2Go does?

I just found the web site on my current password keeper and it looks like they make a PPC version so I'm good to go there.