GUN PNW shooters... 2LBunny and Keesh come to mind..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Thunderbear, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Apparently OR is one of the few fucking states that -doesn't- honor my permit. Anyone know of a non resident permit that OR/WA recognizes?

I'll be in PDX for New Years, and like an AmEx, I don't leave home without my gear.

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Unfortunately that is one of the things that really sucks about OR. Other states honor our permit but we do not honor out of stater's permits. You can apply for an OR permit but it's $90 and you need a basic class :greddy:

Not quite sure what to tell you but seems like you only have one or two options...

3. Thunderbear

How the fuck do you have non resident permits but don't honor reciprocity? :uh:

FUCKING GOVERNMENT SUCKS.

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Yeah, it makes no sense. It's been like that since concealed carry became legal here I believe. We have a pretty strong firearms lobbying group here, I'm surprised nothing has been done about it, especially in the last few years.

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Oh, I forgot to say if you really want to carry legally, I'm 99% sure you're good to go to open carry. I try and stay out of PDX as much as I can so I'm not sure if they have any ordinances against open carry. I'll check up on it and get back to you.

6. Thunderbear

They do, I considered that. "Loaded Firearm Bans" from which only permit holders, and of course, felons, are exempt.

7. jabbadeznuts

jabbadeznuts ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I know Portland, Beaverton, Salem, and (I believe) Eugene have open carry bans. I'd check with the local CLEO/sheriff's office in specific jurisdictions to be safe.

8. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Eugene has no ban that I know of, neither does Salem.

The OR gun lobby has been trying to change that for years. It has to do with several states offering permits without any type of safety training. It sucks, but not much you can do.... Non-resident permits are available, but are easy or hard to get depending on which county to go thru. They are also may-issue....