PMS mood swings :wtc:

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by demosnat, Jan 14, 2008.

1. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Okay, so I don't have actual periods, and I can't imagine why anyone would. But when I would have a period, every month or two, I still get mild cramps (nothing compared to what I had before getting on the pill) fatigued and on rare occasion bloated. The real problem is, however, fucking mood swings.
    I, in a five minute period, can go from wanting to cry because I have too much homework, or the dishes need done, or the baby cub on national geographic can't find its lion mommy, to wanting to leap out of my skin and destroy whoever is responsible for the dishes being piled up, or the lion cubs pathetic mewing.
    I've dealt with this by just not allowing myself to make decisions during those few days. If I get mad, I don't let anyone know about it, and deal with it when my hormones have leveled off. If I didn't do this I swear I would break up with my bf and leave my roommates monthly.
    Does anyone know of any treatment for this shit besides either falling off the wagon or getting prozak?
    (for the record, I have a great diet and a pretty active lifestyle..but I've read working out might help?)

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why don't you have "actual" periods? :ugh:

Also, you are not alone. During that time of the month a few years ago I never had bad mood swings or cramps...for some reason in the last few years my mood swings have kicked way into high gear. They're so bad to the point now that I sometimes want to lock myself into my room for 4 days so no one has to endure me. It's the one time where I'm completely irrational and I know it. Every month it kills me and I feel bad especially for my bf because for some reason or another during that one week I worry about everything and overanalyze obsessively.

However, in the last few months I've just been making a conscious effort. A lot of times I can't stop certain thoughts from creeping into my head, but I instead calm myself down before acting or saying anything about them so I don't make an ass of myself. Seriously, hormones be crazy.

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I don't have periods because my cramps were debilitating. I essentially take seasonal, but without the gap to have a period every three months.
    My obgyn said to keep taking it until I bled for three days, then to stop for three days and have a period, and I just never bled for three days. I gave her a ring and she said its fine not to have them at all (I still spot from time to time)

4. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I hear you about locking yourself in your room though. I'm trying to avoid everyone so I don't drive them insane with my crying/being angry, but then I get irritated no one is around and flip, assuming they're avoiding me
    Its utterly irrational and I hate it

5. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh weird. I'm too nervous to take that. I strangely feel I should be bleeding every so often (I sound nuts :rofl:).

Yep, you know it's that time when out of nowhere I start crying (and I never cry). And :mamoru:, I completely understand what you mean. I think the same thing too, like I better keep myself away from people and I'll tell my bf to keep his distance...then he will do so and I'll get emotional that he doesn't want to see me :rofl: It's only funny because I totally realize it...yet I still feel that way, I just can't help it!

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

smoke some weed.

dr.abomb has prescribed weed to all of his gf patients with great success.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: That is usually what I do to dull the emotions.

8. demosnat

demosnat New Member

It reminds me of bad mushroom trips "there is no reason to be afraid, you know this is all in your head" but you're still terrified.

9. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I can't smoke pot anymore. It give me panic attacks

10. demosnat

demosnat New Member

If it wasn't for the context you would sound like a REAL addict there :rofl:
    "I do it to dull the pain"
    I'm dying here

11. iwishyouwerebeer

:mamoru: Nah, not a pothead. My friends all are but I can't do it that often. I truly have used it though during nights I couldn't sleep or days when my cramps and emotions were unbearable. Immediate pick-me-up.

12. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

MF:werd: that is the ONLY thing that I've found that will get rid of those moods. Take a couple hits and the moods are instantly gone :bowdown: It also seems to help get rid of the general bloating icky feelings too. And once the shitty moods are gone I'll actually feel like exercising which will get rid of any leftover body symptoms.

I've also found another great use for weed in regards to emotion shit (Falconer will like this one). If I'm getting all emo over some guy situation I can smoke and then I can view the situation without the emotion part attached so I can understand what it is that I'm really upset about. It's like I suddenly have a guy brain and can think all logically :mamoru: Now if I could only find a way to get rid of all the stupid chick emotions permanantely then I'd be set :bowdown:

13. Funklordtoejam

Funklordtoejam New Member

:wiggle:
    1) I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
    B) I told you, I'll do the dishes tomorrow. Geez!
    III) At any rate, you should just try to relax and not worry about stuff. You just let ol' Funklordtoejam take care of things and if people give you lemons, by golly, you make yourself some lemonade! Or you genetically engineer them into SUPER LEMONS.
    4) It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

<3

14. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

This is going to sound like I'm BSing, but you can look it up if you want to verify it. But a partial help for curing that is sperm. Seriously. Male sperm has hormones in in that the female body will absorb and help level off the PMS.

Obviously this would entail you have sex which you aren't doing, and would mean sex without a condom which usually isn't the best idea. But it is a legit thing that can help

Themoreyouknow.jpg

15. Midgetized

well she said she's on BC so it sounds like it time to bring out the turkey baster!

16. kiri

kiri New Member

in, i get so irrational and moody for a couple days. usually i just wait for a moment of clarity and preemptively apologize to my boyfriend for anything i might say or do over the next few days. exercise helps a lot.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Hello boyfriend

18. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

Part of it might be the actual BC pill you are using. You can take any monophasil BC and skip the inactives and hence skip your periods. Different pills have different amounts of estrogen, and different formulations and amounts of progestrin.

Ask you doctor about switching you to a monophasic that has a different formulation. You can take it the same way.

19. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Thats my bff/roommate:hsd:

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:eek3: brilliant idea. I was actually just thinking about how much better sex would make me feel, I just need to find a nice, thick baster...

21. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I :love: you too. You actually make me feel better about being crazy in general. Last night at the coffee shop I was 'blahblahcrazyhewon'tcallme'
    "you know morgen, its probably because your crazy and hormonal, if I was your boyfriend, I wouldn't want to be around you either"

22. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

i just have to say, it is worth it to wash dishes right after you cook/eat. don't let them sit for a day :nono:

23. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

will you settle for a nice, not so thick baster? :x:

24. Midgetized

:rofl: just make sure there aren't any turkey juices left in it, i can't imagine that would be good for the vag :mamoru:

25. Abomb

Abomb New Member

word, i get them high to help with the cramping and pain