GUN Pmag stuff from the gamer world

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Oct 8, 2009.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of you guys might be interested in this stuff for the magpul pmag. I've been shooting them and they rock.

First http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/ has a mag yoke and basepad for the pmag. For those that monopod off the mag when shooting prone, on a bench, or off a barricade these work great. The shape is perfect and real stable. Gives you a little more height, and works for shooting at an angle. This set up is real popular for tactical class in 3 gun. As you can imagine mag changes are faster too with the mags yoked together. This is the set up I use everytime I hit the deck at a match. Even though I have a bipod I often use the double mag setup when I don't need the extra stability. The arredondo basepads do not add any capacity and they disasemble just like the regular pmag baseplate by pushing in the inner plate.

Next is the nordic components extended basepad. It adds capacity, always bring enough mag. This thing holds 47 though I normally run them at 45 to save on the spring. Runs reliable with the most minor of tuning. Beta mags are kind of hit or miss with reliability, and I typically don't need more than 42 round to finish a stage.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

You ever tried the Tripp mags?

I've noticed them on his site, but have never seen anyone using one, which I thought was weird giving Virgil's rep in other endeavors.

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

The tripp mags kind of work but are not reliable. I watched taran junk a stage in bakersfield where he went over a barricade and hit the mag. The rounds inside death jammed and he pretty much junked the stage. Not many of the 3 gun guys are running the tripps. Everyone went to the DPMS 45's which takes a good amount of tuning to get to run right. Many of us went to the sudden death tubes which run great but you have to load them to 42 instead of 45. While it's nutty to think you need more than 40 some rounds it happens. The CA series has these big nutty kill houses and being able to not have to change mags while turning corner after corner is an advantage. Plus the look on peoples faces when you step to the line in classic.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

I'm calling :bsflag: on this one.

Yar is a much better writer than this. I think he's trolling something. :mamoru: