Please tell me if this is strange behavior?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BornToFly, Dec 21, 2007.

1. BornToFly

BornToFly New Member

So, my roommate has this new boyfriend. They have been dating maybe 7, 8 weeks, tops. Known each other just over that. Maybe 9 weeks. She is 28, he is I believe 36 and has 2 teenage kids. She has been spending most of her time over by his place, spending the nights there, etc. This isn't the problem at all, in fact, I think that is pretty normal, a little fast maybe, but normal none the less. Now, last week he came over to our place to watch movies and have dinner, they were sitting on one couch and I on the other couch when out of the blue he says " Baby, the doctor said you could have one glass of wine, not one glass of everything alcoholic" while rubbing her stomach. I kind of look at him with a raised eyebrow and a look of WTF are you talking about, since I know if my roommate had become pregnant, I"m sure I'd know. We have lived together for 6 years and have known each other our whole lives. He keeps up this "You know what the doctor says, an rubbing her stomach, etc. for about 15 minutes, and I have decided to just ignore him on it. He goes outside to have a smoke and she asks me if he is pissing me off, and I just said, no, are you pregnant? She says of course not. ( she doesn't even want kids ) so I say, I guess I just find it strange that he would try to lead on that you are pregnant when you aren't for starters, not to mention you guys have only known each other about 2 months. She says he is always doing stuff like that, and I just said, uh, ok?? If someone I knew only 2 months was doing that to me I'd put a stop to it immediately and wonder why he was doing that.

So tell me, would you do something like this to a new girlfriend? Girls, would you be cool with a guy doing this to you? Tell me if I am over-reacting or if this is indeed some strange behavior?

2. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

uhhh yah that is really weird. Even if he busted out laughing after he said it... it would be really weird. Whats wrong with this guy? Maybe you should lock your door whenever he sleeps over your place.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sounds like this guy wants another kid. His clock is ticking, and more importantly, he's a fucking weirdo...

If I wasn't pregnant and my bf rubbed my belly and told me the doctor said I could only have one glass of wine...I would think he was a lunatic. Sounds to me though like your roommate is lying to you. She probably is pregnant, feels like a dumbass and doesn't want to admit her pregnancy to you.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

From what you said, that guy seems pretty nuts.

edit - unless it was a weird inside joke they have, which it doesn't sound like, because you didn't say they were laughing.

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Guy's a creep. And two teenaged kids? Puts out a lot of red flags for me.

You might want to have a serious talk with your friend, or show her this thread.

6. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

thats the only thing i can come up with that isnt incredibly bizarre

is it possible that she might have an ulcer or some other condition that might have something to do with alcohol and her health?

7. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Am I the only one here who just thinks this guy has a really off-brand sense of humor?

Weird behaviour would be if he brought over a jar of dried insect penises. This is just poor taste. :dunno:

8. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

pretend you're a journalist for a moment. (a good journalist)

if you were you'd know there was more to the story and you wouldn't attempt to make shit up to fill in the hole. in other words go ask her to explain

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

You're right, although a journalist would print this as is.

Perhaps you should say "detective" instead of "journalists" because we all know that journalists love to print only one side of the story for ratings.

10. JohnJohnJohnson

11. JohnJohnJohnson

also, viper, in reality, if you handed that story in to an editor as it stands, it would be flatly rejected. you can't even work at a paper if you write stories that holey. a story that leaves more questions than it answers is not a story yet.

12. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:rofl:

I digress. :o

13. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

yea if she is pregnant; i dont support drinking even one glass of wine personally (even if a doc says its safe, its like smoking socially to me, can still cause birth defects)

id fuckin falcon punch a bitch if she drank when she was preggers with my kid

i dont have a stance on abortion.

I only have a stance of this: give your kids the best possible chance if they are going to be born. Smoking/drinking while pregnant should be punishable by 9 months in jail w/force adoption of the kid that you obviously dont care about.

but like other posters said its prolly an ulcer or something

14. JohnJohnJohnson

it's easy to take shots as a reader... try writing for a publication some time and see what can and cannot pass.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

this is strange behavior. why don't you find out what it's all about, and get back to us.

16. BornToFly

BornToFly New Member

she was taking meds that while she was on it she wasn't sopose to drink. and I guess her bf thought it would be funny to tell ppl she was preggers bc she wasn't drinking.

17. BornToFly

BornToFly New Member

When he stepped outside to smoke she asked if he was pissing me off, and I said no, but are you pregnant? and she said of course not. Then I just said I guess I don't know why you would say you are when you aren't. So that was her explanation. :hsugh:

18. JohnJohnJohnson

ok well - obviously - that's not enough. if it were enough you wouldn't post a thread asking about it.

so go get a better explanation from her.

e.g. start the sentence with "explain..." and then what you'd like her to explain. or whatever would work best for this particular person.

19. fray

fray New Member

Reading what you wrote is incredibly confusing in and of itself.

So, she's on meds, doc said not to drink too much. He thinks it's funny and is pretending she's pregnant. She says she's not. You're annoyed? Sounds like just a joke. If it was me, I would be annoyed. If she isn't, and you think there's a reason for him doing it and she isn't pregnant, why do you care?

20. BornToFly

BornToFly New Member

my reason for being concerned is bc I have known her our entire lives, we grew up together, and have been living together for 6 years, so I have her best interest at heart, I don't want her to get caught up in something strange with this guy, who she doesn't know very well but claims to love him more than anything. I also don't want to see her hurt by this guy.

I just found it to be strange behavior, and would of thought she would as well, but she is also still in the honeymoon phase of her relationship with him where everything is wonderful, and perfect and is seeing things through rose colored glasses.

So, yeah, I just wanted to know if I was over-reacting or this is indeed strange.

21. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I wouldn't just use this particular situation to label this guy as strange. Yeah, he might be some off-the-wall wacko and usually you woman are pretty good at having a sixth sense for these creeps, so you should trust your gut.

But you might not want to approach your friend and tell her this shit. I mean, I'd keep an eye on things where you can and if you start seeing shit that doesn't jive, I'd tell her. She's going to buck you on it and it's likely to cause drama between you (if you let it), which is why I suggest you just back off and let things go the way they go and throw out your input only every once in a while or when asked.

22. JohnJohnJohnson

oh. that makes more sense than how i was reading it.

where'd you get that stuff about the meds?

OP, IMO, the idea of your friend being pregnant probably turns him on. good luck explaining why this is a bad thing. it's your friend's call.

23. fray

fray New Member

I found it all hard to read and confusing to sort out.

Post #16 (don't know how to link to individual posts)
    Since there is the med issue, I'm not even sure why it's such a concern. It's not like he's pulling magic fake baby bs out his ass. There's a legit reason she isn't supposed to be drinking a lot. Maybe she drank a lot already and got an upset stomach that threadstarter doesn't know about so he was rubbing it when he said that and it had nothing to do with pregnancy?

24. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

25. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Can't know for sure without the whole story, but he sounds like the type to poke holes in condoms (I had an ex try to get me knocked up)
    I'd be really cautious.