[please Read--feedback Forum Thread Guidelines]

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Imyourzero, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Imyourzero

Imyourzero OT Supporter

First of all, thanks Fazle for acting on my email!! This forum was very much needed! :bigthumb:

- If a member claims to have an existing thread, ask them to provide the link (or search the Feedback Forum for their username). Avoid the creation of duplicate feedback threads for the same member; there is no need to have more than one feedback thread per user. In the case of mutiple feedback threads, contact a mod to have them merged.

- If a member doesn't yet have an existing feedback thread and you conduct a transaction with them, feel free to create one for them. Please simply make the title of thread the user's name -- nothing more. If Haloevo and I complete a transaction here, he would create a thread titled Imyourzero and I'd create one called Haloevo (assuming we don't already have an existing feedback thread). I would then post feedback for him in his Haloevo thread and he would post feedback for me in my Imyourzero thread. Pretty simple, actually -- I think even the newest and brainless of OTers can handle that. Well, maybe not. So here are some guidelines:
    • There is no need to create a thread for yourself called "My feedback" because then when someone does a search of thread titles for your name, your thread won't be shown because your name isn't the title. The first person who conducts a transaction with you should be perfectly capable of titling a thread in your name; if not, they should be banned or beaten. If you absolutely MUST create a thread for yourself, which isn't necessary in the first place, make the thread title your username and bookmark it so you can give the link to the fortunate (or unfortunate) souls who later deal with you.
    • Also, don't create threads that say something like "Haloevo is a great seller" or "Props to Haloevo" because, if later on down the line he decides to start ripping people off, the title of his feedback would no longer be true/accurate. People can just check the Haloevo thread and see ALL of his feedback, good or bad.
    • Do not make threads along the lines of "Thanks MemberX, fast shipment and great item!!" because that would in turn dedicate that thread to one specific transaction. This is not what we want, and if you do it, you're an idiot. If you are starting a feedback thread for someone, simply make the title of the thread their username and nothing more. The details of your specific transaction will be in the post that you leave in that thread. Then when someone else comes along and completes a transaction with that member, they will add a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th, etc.) post to the thread that describes their particular experience. If you create a thread titled "MemberX is a fast shipper" and he takes forever to ship on his next deal, the thread title is no longer accurate.
    Members who prove to be bad traders or go on a scamming spree can have their feedback threads stickied and/or thread titles edited by a mod to warn everyone, if need be. Don't take it upon your self-righteous self to go against the feedback forum guidelines and create threads that deviate from the norm. Punishment for doing so will be strict and swift.

If we can follow these simple guidelines, the feedback forum will be a lot neater and easier to use. I stress that EVERYONE NEEDS TO FOLLOW THE SAME FORMAT.

Thanks!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  2. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

3. Imyourzero

Imyourzero OT Supporter

Haha, I don't think so. :fawk: You posted that on 1/18 and I have been saying we needed a feedback forum for many months now. Besides, you should have emailed Fazle about it like I did. ;)

But really, who the hell cares whose idea it was? It's not like anyone is getting any sort of credit for it. The point is, we needed it and now it's here!! :bigthumb: Thanks again Fazle!

4. Imyourzero

Imyourzero OT Supporter

Also guys -- this should be common sense, but remember to do a SEARCH on a user to see if they have a previous feedback thread before you create a new one for them. That way everybody will have just one all-inclusive thread for their transactions, and this forum will be tidier. :)

5. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

I mentioned this in the other thread, but since that one wasn't stickied I'll say it agian.

If possible, please link your feedback to the particular thread it involves. This will help cut down on false feedback and can give others a chance to view previous infomation such as e-mail addresses and any comments made inside.

6. spark plugs.

spark plugs. beautiful. OT Supporter

u guys should do thread merges for repeat feedback threads like the 2 for jrock10 and xxpanipuri...that way, they can pretty much build a list of transactions which looks better on their resume. ;)

7. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

8. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

9. chansigril

chansigril not an og, just a g OT Supporter

10. chansigril

chansigril not an og, just a g OT Supporter

fuck no mods here :wtc:

11. Imyourzero

Imyourzero OT Supporter

Updated OP. The feedback forum was a clusterfuck shortly after its creation, but you guys have been doing very well at keeping it consistent. :bigthumb: