[please Read--feedback Forum Thread Guidelines]

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Imyourzero, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Imyourzero

Imyourzero OT Supporter

First of all, thanks Fazle for responding to my email and making this forum!! It was very much needed!

Guys...please simply make the title of thread the user's name--nothing more. If Haloevo and I complete a transaction here, he would create a thread titled "Imyourzero" and I'd create one called "Haloevo"

• There is no need to create a thread for yourself called "My feedback" because then when someone does a search of thread titles, that user's thread won't come up because your name isn't the title.
    • Also, please don't create threads that say something like "Haloevo is a great seller" or 'Props to Haloevo" because, if later on down the line he decides to start ripping people off, the title of his feedback would no longer be true/accurate. People can just check the "Haloevo" thread and see his good/bad feedback.
    • Do not make threads along the lines of "Thanks MemberX, fast shipment and great item!!" because that would in turn dedicate that thread to one specific transaction. This is not what we want. If you are starting a feedback thread for someone, simply make the title of the tread their username and nothing more. The details of your specific transaction will be in the post that you leave in that thread. Then when someone else comes along and completes a transaction with that user, they will add a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th, etc.) post to the thread that describes their particular experience. If you create a thread called "Member X is a fast shipper" and he takes forever to ship on his next deal, the thread title is no longer accurate.

If we can follow these simple guidelines, the feedback forum will be a lot cleaner and easier to use. I stress that EVERYBODY NEEDS TO FOLLOW THE SAME FORMAT. Head-Fi's forum is set up the exact same way and it works great. You can take a look at it HERE.

Thanks!!

2. Imyourzero

Imyourzero OT Supporter

Sorry for the multiple threads, guys. The servers are going up and down and I was getting a "Database Error" message so I didn't think the post was being submitted.

Mods--please delete this thread and leave the other one intact (or make it a sticky!) :)

3. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

I was thinking it would be a little more organized with a seperate thread for each user with all the comments within (somewhat similar to this layout). But this is also a good idea, and can help keep everyone on the same page. I'll edit/delete my previous threads to comply.

Also this should be sticky'd. :mamoru:

Edit: I also suggest the each member post a link to the thread with the item they bought/sold to help reduce the possibility of fake feedback. This doesn't need to be a requirement as some transactions may occur outside of the yard sale.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  4. Imyourzero

Imyourzero OT Supporter

:bigthumb:

You've got the right idea...a seperate thread for each user with multiple posts (each an individual transaction).

To keep this neat and organized (not to mention ensure that the feedback is accurate), the title of the thread you create should be the name of the member you dealt with and that's all. And always do a search of a member's name before you post a thread for them, as we don't need multiple threads for the same user.

Madness, you had a good suggestion...if possible when you post feedback, add the link to the transaction if possible. :)