Please help!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Big Boi, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Boi

Big Boi OT Supporter

First of all, I just want to say thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and comment. I am thinking about starting up a new routine, and was wondering what you guys think of my new (possible) plan. After reading through various threads, I think I am going to start a 3 day rotation (Biceps and Back, Triceps and Chest, Legs and Shoulders) I currently work out 1 muscle group per day (arm day, leg day, chest day, etc.) and it seems like I sometimes go a week or so between specific workouts, the main reason behind this being my job. I work as a firefighter, so my schedule is a bit different. I work 24 hours at a time, and then have 48 hours off. While on shift I try to avoid lifting too hard, so I will probably just be running on the treadmill. Here is an example of a week:

Sunday: Work (30-45 minutes of cardio)
    Monday: Biceps and Back (followed by 30-45 minutes of cardio)
    Tuesday: Triceps and Chest (followed by cardio)
    Wednesday: Work (cardio)
    Thursday: Legs and Shoulders (followed by cardio)
    Friday: Biceps and Back
    Saturday: Work (cardio)
    Sunday: Triceps and Chest (followed by cardio)
    Monday: Legs and Shoulders (followed by cardio)
    Etc, etc.

Does this sound like a decent plan? My main goals are strength and endurance, though any increase in muscle mass would be welcome. For those that are on a similar plan, how many exercises would you recommend for each specific muscle group?

Thanks again to everyone who takes the time to help me out. I really do appreciate it. Any and all comments are welcome!

2. NUDES

NUDES New Member

Sounds fine to me dude. What is your goal?

3. Big Boi

Big Boi OT Supporter

Ideally I would like to have a good combination of strength and endurance. Any mass/size that comes with it is welcome, but that isn't my primary goal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.