Please help with my '05 Civic

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by K270, Jun 22, 2006.

1. K270

K270 New Member

I currently drive a 2005, 4 door Honda Civic LX. I'm looking to improve it's looks. I've already tinted all the windows (20% in the rear, 50% up front). I'm looking for something more. What else can I do to it. I don't want a rice rocket look. Something simple and nice. I didn't post a pic because it looks like every other 2005 Civic on the road. I also have factory installed fog lights. BTW, the color of my Civic is Silver. Thanks in advance!

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

slight drop (nothing major) and decent wheels... Nothing ricer or extreme... just nice 17/18's.

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

16" or 17" wheels at the most, I'd say... any style that looks tasteful. BBS always works, but there are other options, depending. Avoid 2-piece or (especially) fake 2-piece look wheels, imo. But that will be a big improvement over factory steelies.

Not really much else to be done to a 7g sedan without going "ricer" with it...

4. K270

K270 New Member

Thanks. I'll take these suggestions into consideration. I'm wating to buy wheels because my tires are still good. Once the tires need replaceing (I have them rotated every 10,000 miles) I'll get some nice wheels and possibly drop it a little. Again, thanks for the info. One last thing, if I remove the front licese plate and the bracket that holds it, how do I keep the screw holes protected from corrosion?

Should I also smoke the front headlights? If so, how would I that?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I would not remove the front license plate if already installed. The screw holes are ugly. As for the headlights, check the legality --many states do not allow this. Furthermore, have it done professionaly if you choose to go through with it... It's easy to screw up, and expensive to fix.

6. ridiculous

ridiculous New Member

Honestly, aside from new wheels I wouldn't do anything else. I hate when I see civics (especially 4 door) with a huge spoiler and aftermarket tailights

7. ///M

///M New Member

hey man, im a long time member of 7thgencivic.com, which is the biggest forum for the 01-05 civics on the internet.

i had an 04 civic coupe, what i did for the license plate hole was go to home depot and get a cap similar to what they sell at www.bumperplugs.com, and paint that silver with duplicolor
    NH623-M (the color of your car, and my old one), and drill out a hole and stick it in the bumper hole. you could also just take the license plate bracket off, it wouldn't look too bad, since the hole is small. i wouldn't worry about corrosion since the bumper is made of plastic, and is unpainted on the other side.

blacking out your headlights is one of the easiest/cheapest mods you can do. the 04-05 headlights require removal of the bumper clips up top (visible from the engine bay), and like 6 clips and 4 screws from the bottom (2 screws in the fenderwells). then you just take the headlights out, put them in the oven for like 2 minutes, and pry the lens off of the reflector. actually let me just find the thread on 7thgen and link it to you....

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203502

all in all about an hour or so of work, not including letting the paint dry. most people that do this mod use black krylon fusion (the stuff for plastic).

8. K270

K270 New Member

Thank you mandangalo. The link and the pics in the link are exactly what I was looking for. It's also exactly the look I want. Now i just have to find time to do it.