SRS Please help, thanks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jayonfire, Jan 24, 2006.

1. jayonfire

jayonfire Guest

I'm new to these forums and I really dont wish to start things off like this, but I have to, for my own mental health.

Here goes,

My whole life I haven't been motivated to get up in the morning and start my day. I always tell myself "ugh, I can sleep another hour, i'll feel better". Well, some doctors are telling me that I have depression. I dont believe their diagnosis is correct.

Here's my take on this whole thing,

I feel that "Depression", "Boredom", or whatever you call it can be cured. And that one and only cure is love.

Well I dont know where to find friends that know how to love an accept one another for who they are or whatever imperfections they have. I've met too many people around me that love to constantly judge others based on there shortcommings and dress style ..

I'm posting on this board because i'm all out of luck. Drugs, fancy cars, and big houses are not the answer to hapiness for me, people who truely care about there friends are. But I'm just having such a hard time finding people who are accepting around me.

anyways, if anyone can help with some info on what to do that would be great. thank you.

2. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

welcome

3. AO

AO New Member

I suggest you take up hiking. Get back to nature. Get a back pack, load it up with 1 quart of water per mile per hour, some Fig Newtons and trail mix for energy and some beef jerky for protein. You'll sure to meet some wonderful people hiking.

As for the alarm clock - take it out of the bedroom (along with the TV set) and arm it in the next room, so that it will force you to get up, walk out of the bedroom to turn it off.

Get more sun. Everyday walk at least 1 mile round trip. When that gets boring ride the bike for 3 miles a day. When that gets boring roller or blade skate. When that gets boring jog. When that gets boring, take up Martial Arts.

4. 7960

7960 New Member

welcome... this is where this belongs.

5. scottm

scottm . OT Supporter

i think everybody goes through slumps and hopefully this is just that. go outside... i learned this hard way... you're not going to make any friends by staying asleep or wasting the day on the computer... go out get some excercise and you'll feel better in no time.

i was diagnosed with depression, which, although, hard i finally agree with the diagnosis. if you truly are depressed and nothing seems to make you happy... then there's nothing wrong with seeing a doctor and getting prescribed drugs or counseling or what not. for me they keep me in generally good moods and i enjoy life.

good luck

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Your right about the love thing, you have to understand however that we live in a world that is filled with hatred and darkness, only by loving and helping others we cast happyness and love on ourselves. My advice GO volenteer. It might sound strange, but you'll meet people who honestly appreciate you for you, as wel as new friends who as volenteers also are most likely to be selfless and not judgemental for your appearance or who you are. :wavey:

7. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Got a job? Good place to make friends, and you make money. I have a friend who's a manic depressive she has trouble getting up too. NOt that she's lazy, it just comes with the condition I guess. Potential friends are everywhere, so stop wasting time and throw yourself out there :)