Please help me out on my car audio system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by goten2000, Jun 30, 2003.

1. goten2000

goten2000 Tupac's Son

hey im workin on a budget audio sysstem for MY00 2.5 subaru impreza.

this is what i got going so far.

#1. kenwood excelon cd receiver... model is kdc-x759.
    specs:
    - D MASK+ Motorized Self-Hiding Removable Faceplate with Carrying Case
    - Full Bandwidth Power (less than 1%% THD): 22 Watts x 4
    - High Voltage Preamp Output: 4.5V
    - Maximum Output Power: 50 Watts x 4
    - MegaMotion™ Display Readout
    - Preouts: Front, Rear, Non-Fading (Gold-Plated)
    - Remote Control: 10-Key
    - Sirius Satellite Radio Ready
    - System E's + Advanced Crossover System
    - System Q EX Sound Control: with User Memory

is selling for about $200 on ebay.

#2. i dont know much about amps, but im lookin at a 4 channel Kicker KX300.4, it sells for $200 on ikesound.com.
    specs:
    2-, 3-, 4-channel or Tri-Way output
    38 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
    75 watts x 4 at 2 ohms
    150 watts x 2 in bridged mode
    speaker- and preamp-level inputs
    front and rear high-pass/low-pass crossovers (variable 50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
    front/rear bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
    frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
    requires 8-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
    unregulated Class A/B power supply offers a significant increase in power at 2 ohms
    16"W x 2-1/2"H x 10-1/8"D

#3. for front door speakers, im gonna go with infinity reference 5000cs. i'm gonna go with the 5-1/4", i think they will fit well in my car.

this sells for $114.00 on ikesound.com

#4. subwoofer... i went through a lot of the posts in this forum, and everyone is recommending IDMAX 10". i know its not out yet, but i cant even find the 12" anywhere. i really dont want to spend over $100 on the sub. im not looking for something that'll rock my car, just something that'll give a nice, clean bump. what are my options here, and where can i get it?

total will be about 600-700, for a good sounding system, hopefully. im not planning on doing anything with rear speakers yet, and uh, im gonna try to do all the installation by myself.

i just wanted to see what you guys think. any opinions, advice ?

2. 04

04 Guest

If you like the looks of the JVC, it should work fine, and as for the Kicker amplifier, it should work well too.

The speakers are rather subjective, but you will probably like the infinities just fine, and they shouldnt have any problems with the cones disenegrating because they are in the doors.

I take it you will use the front 2 channels of the amplifier to run the speakers, and bridge the rear two for the subwoofer?

The IDMAX is WAY out of your pricerange as well, and powering it with 150w would probably be a dissapointment.

As for the subwoofer, this: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/show...&St3=45389465&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=120477&DID=7 sounds like it would work great for your realtively low power you have available.

Also remember you are going to have to buy power wire, connectors, a fuse/holder, and rca cables as well as either buy or build a box for the subwoofer.