Please help me make my computer recognize my DV camera!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by fst89lx, Aug 20, 2003.

1. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I have a cannon dv45mc dv camcorder, and I can't get the goddamn computer to realize it is there UNLESS it is in card mode (which is only good for stills). When it is all plugged in, and I flip the switch to card an icon appears in the toolbar and a "generic volume F:" is assigned to the camera and I can retrieve what is on the card, but if I turn the camera to tape mode it says that I have removed a device from the system without "stopping" the device. It is as if I turned the camera off.

I have tried having it search for new hardware, no luck I tried to install it myself, selected "have disk" and pointed it to where the driver for the camera is (on a cd that came with it) and it says "no information about your hardware was found" one time it tried to intall a "full screen video driver for console" but it has a exclamation point in a yellow circle. It says that this device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (code31) Code 31 says that this is a device that depends on a nother device that is not working properly... :wtf: I have no Idea what to do.

All I want to do is edit some fucking video :wtc:

P.S. my OS is win2k

2. samm

samm Next in Line

Sorry man, I have no idea. I have the same camcorder but when I plug the thing into my Mac, iMovies just opens up and I hit record and the video starts to download.

Have you searched Canon's website for any drivers? I'm not familier with DV on Windows but I know firewire isn't typically built in with most motherboards.

Good luck.

3. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I'm using usb not firewire... I wouldn't think that that would matter much but maybe? Nah I haven't been to cannon's website for drivers, my thought was that if the one on the cd didn't work the otherw wouldn't either... but I'll give it a shot.

4. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

OK, I are teh retarded I scoured the house for the manual and when I found it I read the section on sending DV footage to the computer and it says you need firewire. Guess I need to order a firewire board and cable now.