Please Help Me Create A Routine ver.Imascrawnycracker

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ludeykrus, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

Pretty much I'm trying to get back in shape. I'll admit, I know pretty much jack shit about actual, hardcore working-out. Here's my story, in a nutshell.
    I played football and wrestled my first two years of highschool. I was 6' and around 125 lbs...extremely scrawny. I had the sports and weight training classes, and my workouts consisted of a hard overall workout everyday, with about 2-3 miles of hard running everyday. At my 'peak' I was benching around 145 max and running about a 7 minute mile....never could break into the 6's, although I could of if I had stuck with it hard. I then found out I had Crohn's disease, and that was the reason I was staying so skinny, pale, and weak. I quit sports, got an extra job, and carried on with my life to heal.

Fast forward to now, about 5 years later. My health problems are on remission, I've gotten lazy, still work and go to college, and am extremely unsatisfied with myself. I am out of college at the moment, and wish to get back into a peak state of health. I have developed a slight belly and love handles, bringing me into about 163 lbs and still 6'. A little over a year ago, I quit smoking. I smoked for about a year, and smoked unfiltered's a good bit. I am an ectomorph, I believe that's the term. I eat like a damn pig and gain little-to-none weight. My metabolism is pretty damn high. I had a hard time gaining weight if I tried to, and it took years to get me to this point (try eating at least 3-4 eggs a day, along with a pound of bacon or a half-log of sausage).

Goals:
    I am sick of being the scrawny, weak guy. I know my body-type is not optimal for being buff, but I want to be everything that I can so I can't say it is my fault for being all that I can be. I wish to build muscle on my chest, abs, and arms, and get my legs into shape. I want to be as big as possible and well defined, but still strong. I wish to break into a 6.something mile. I want a good set routine to follow, and good diet guidelines.

Currently:
    Yesterday, I tried exercising for the first time in a few years. I squeezed out 40 then 15 then 10 then 5 situps, 25-15-10-5 pushups, and using a 20 lb barbell did 25-20-15-10-5 by sitting on a bench, extending my arm straight down by my side with my arm facing forward, pulling hard to the top of the extension, and slowly bringing it back down (curls?). Today, I managed an 8:40 mile at a fast jog that really got the lungs and heart going.

If anyone can help me, I need to develop a very simple workout routine. Simple being not relying heavily on machines and bars, if possible; stick to using body-weight and simple workout equipment if possible. My college has a gym, but getting to it within hours may be a problem. My diet I can change to whatever the hell is necessary, so keep that in mind. From my reading so far, I have picked up that it is very easy to overwork muscles my exercising them too hard, too often. I don't know how to avoid this and need guidance, as I am used to working my ass off everyday to work out.

I am willing to do whatever is necessary to get myself to where I want to be.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

you can make time to go to the gym. its whether or not you want to make the commitment to do it. I had 4-5hrs of class, 3hrs of football, and homework every day and still made it to the gym.

with that said. read Christophers post in the archives - he outlines a program that will get you bigger (its a program from Bill Starr). Eat everything in sight, lift heavy, and sleep. You will grow.

3. Huge Evil Robot

Huge Evil Robot Must not sleep, must warn others

dawt. It worked for me very well. Emphasis on eating everything in sight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.