PLEASE HELP!!! I'm pulling my hair out

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SlvrCivLT621, Jan 20, 2008.

1. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

This has been driving me absolutely nuts. I've had my MBP for almost 2 weeks now. I've googled it a million times and I've just decided to attempt to ask here before i resort to going to the apple store to ask.

I have an apple mouse that i'm borrowing and there's no right click. I'm planning on getting the wireless mighty mouse shortly. In the meantime...how in the hell do i perform the (Right Click Save As) function on here?!?!?! I've tried just about everything. I'm going insane and it's pissing me off.

For example:

I don't have any images loaded on here yet so I went to my photo album online to save the image so i could have a decent wallpaper. I have no way of doing this and I'm getting extremely frustrated that I can't figure this out.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. With the mouse you can hold the control button when you click. That gives you a right click. The trackpad also has an option you can enable where you place 2 fingers on it and click for a right click.

3. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

i have mine set up to use the 2 finger on touch pad + click for right click. works in XP when using boot camp, as well.

if you want this option, go to system preferences ->keyboard & mouse->track pad. you should see a check box. this is the case on leopard as i'm presuming your 2 week old MBP should have shipped with it.

i'm a first time mac user, just got my MBP on friday. 2 fingers on touchpad is 2nd nature now.

4. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

thanks, i had it set and didn't even use it, guess i didn't really know how.

5. LifeBurnsFaster

LifeBurnsFaster New Member

You can change the mighty mouse settings in your system preferences. By default right and left click are set to primary, you can change your right click to secondary.

6. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

sweet, thanks. just bought a mighty mouse on ebay today and I saved $30.

7. doublemeat

doublemeat New Member

umm... y'know... you don't HAVE to use a mouse from Apple. Any USB mouse will do. :hsugh: